PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Best parts for my 00 Celica GT-s

VegetaRules
01-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Okay, I found 2 closer to my house mechanincs, & taxes will be fully in tomorrow. So it's time to de-rice the Celica. So I'm wanting opinions on what direction to go in 1st, & the best parts to buy for it.

It needs:

New BodyKit- Front clip is damaged from Deer in street, & bodykit has dual exhaust, & only one exhaust.

New exhaust, & new place to hange set exhaust- Woman rear-ended me pushing the exhaust in, thus bending it, & breaking the hanger. So I can run it through the crossmember, or re-weld it.

Descision on keeping, or taking off the roof scoop. I've had it explained to me as to why its peeling. I can A. have it redone with wider slot to allow better airflow. Or B. Remove it completely.

Needs new lowering springs- I'm wanting to raise it up maybe inch & a half.

Since I'm keeping it, turbo or Supercharged- I know it's turbo'd all the way, so I'm getting in for the Hass Turbo kit.

So what do I do 1st? What are the best product lines to use for these parts? Thanks in advanced....Vegeta

Siverprobegt
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Do you race your car???Its about time i see a celica gts out on the streets...Im a big fan of the performance of the celica,very underated car!!!!

fawk_you
01-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Do you race your car???Its about time i see a celica gts out on the streets...Im a big fan of the performance of the celica,very underated car!!!!
Encouragement of street racing first off..... :lmfao:

Anyways... Ill suggest some mods, due to me having a celica... wished I had removed some parts before I sold it but didnt... whatever though.

Single exhaust- TRD... quiet... non-ricey sound, single pipe. Dual=non-functional. + dual looks/sounds ricey as fuck!!

Put stock bumpers on, just do a minor lip kit... "jdm style" lol

Remove the roof scoop... im sorry you did that to the poor car.

Eibach COIL OVERS all the way... had those on my celica- and now have their springs on my miata, cant go wrong. :goodjob:

GT, or GT-S? Depends on what model you have for the turbo or supercharger.... I honestly would sell the car and just get something new if you're wanting boost it.... all that costs way too much to maintain and do.... I researched all that when I had mine... I would have been paying for something that wouldnt be over 300HP.... several G's. :no:

Newcelica.org for technical questions dude... me and maybe one other person have reasonable celica knowledge on here.... you're wasting your time. SRSLY.

Siverprobegt
01-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Encouragement of street racing first off..... :lmfao:

Anyways... Ill suggest some mods, due to me having a celica... wished I had removed some parts before I sold it but didnt... whatever though.

Single exhaust- TRD... quiet... non-ricey sound, single pipe. Dual=non-functional. + dual looks/sounds ricey as fuck!!

Put stock bumpers on, just do a minor lip kit... "jdm style" lol

Remove the roof scoop... im sorry you did that to the poor car.

Eibach COIL OVERS all the way... had those on my celica- and now have their springs on my miata, cant go wrong. :goodjob:

GT, or GT-S? Depends on what model you have for the turbo or supercharger.... I honestly would sell the car and just get something new if you're wanting boost it.... all that costs way too much to maintain and do.... I researched all that when I had mine... I would have been paying for something that wouldnt be over 300HP.... several G's. :no:

Newcelica.org for technical questions dude... me and maybe one other person have reasonable celica knowledge on here.... you're wasting your time. SRSLY.

Race at the track!!!!!!!! :D I dont see much celica, with bolt on parts, driving on the roads :(

fawk_you
01-12-2007, 12:37 PM
You dont get out much then.

N/A EK
01-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Celica is a girlie(sp) car in my opinion cuz everytime I see on, its a girl driving it.

fawk_you
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
You'd be suprised at how many guys actually own one/fix it up. ;)

N/A EK
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
You'd be suprised at how many guys actually own one/fix it up. ;)

:rolleyes: dont know about that, but I seen a few clean ones, fast as we'll but its just not my type of car. BTW I liked your celica, probably the HOTTES one I ever seen ;)

fawk_you
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
:rolleyes: dont know about that, but I seen a few clean ones, fast as we'll but its just not my type of car. BTW I liked your celica, probably the HOTTES one I ever seen ;)
Its true. And thanks.

Siverprobegt
01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
You dont get out much then.

I do get out alot,but i don't go up north!!

N/A EK
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Its true. And thanks.

You welcome +1:D

VegetaRules
01-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, LeeAnne 1st I didn't " do" that too my Celica. It was purchased that way. I have debated on whether to trade the Celica in, or hook it up, so I guess I'm hooking it up.

I have been, & am a member over at newcelica, so I'm familiar with the cars limitations. Now I saw your car as well, GT right? Well I can get a tad bit better WHP numbers. Now the car isn't for racing, definately not street racing.

It just needs to be really quick, & I know how to get the 300WHP I can live with. I was really asking this question to get an idea on what was best lwoering springs for this car.

I will trust you & go Eibach. I have 2 friends that have the NOPI shop discount, which is why I asked. The bodykit I am changine it to is Kaminari, I am changing the spoiler, to lower more flat.

I have the hookup with the JDM console for the DVD player, & th eguy to fabricate the insides to a different looking inside. So it won't be " girlie" either. I won't even take offense to that, because that's an opinion.

I do appreciate the feedback tho.:goodjob: ....Vegeta

fawk_you
01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, LeeAnne 1st I didn't " do" that too my Celica. It was purchased that way. I have debated on whether to trade the Celica in, or hook it up, so I guess I'm hooking it up.

I have been, & am a member over at newcelica, so I'm familiar with the cars limitations. Now I saw your car as well, GT right? Well I can get a tad bit better WHP numbers. Now the car isn't for racing, definately not street racing.

It just needs to be really quick, & I know how to get the 300WHP I can live with. I was really asking this question to get an idea on what was best lwoering springs for this car.

I will trust you & go Eibach. I have 2 friends that have the NOPI shop discount, which is why I asked. The bodykit I am changine it to is Kaminari, I am changing the spoiler, to lower more flat.

I have the hookup with the JDM console for the DVD player, & th eguy to fabricate the insides to a different looking inside. So it won't be " girlie" either. I won't even take offense to that, because that's an opinion.

I do appreciate the feedback tho.:goodjob: ....Vegeta
Oh yours is my friend Brians old car... the green machine right? haha Good for newcelica stuffs. Do what you thinks right, I put my 2 cents in. :) Glad you're going with Eibach... good shit man. Good luck with everything.

Siverprobegt
01-13-2007, 12:44 AM
You welcome +1:D
I'll be back hahahahahahah(evil laughter) :screwy:

CodyW
01-13-2007, 02:49 AM
i had a GTS back in like 01 and it's honestly a horrible car to try and mod extensively. it was still fairly enjoyable overall (used to do quite well in autocrosses back then), however i would highly advise against trying to turbo/supercharge one, unless you plan on doing major internal mods on the motor. i'm sure the aftermarket has at least slightly improved since the time i owned mine years ago, but i helped install a turbo kit on a friend's GTS in 03 and it was a complete nightmare. getting to the turbo/exhaust side for maintenance (gaskets blowing out, etc) was a disaster, all of the "bolt-on" parts with this particular kit didn't quite fit and had to be modified/thrown out, and then after it was all together, the car blew in about a year (and that was on a very conservative 5psi of boost and fairly calm driving). the 11.5:1 compression in that motor is not at all boost friendly, and getting 300whp out of one is probably a very optimistic goal, and i highly doubt it would last long at that power. not trying to ruin your goals with the car, but just make sure you've done tons of homework before you take on a task like that with that it. it can still be a lot of fun NA, and after all my time with one, i'd definately suggest that route (or selling to buy something else if you want big power). good luck with it though!

happyhooder
01-13-2007, 08:40 AM
don't go with Hass turbo... 1st they got bought out... so they are no longer up and running, 2nd they made kits for the matrix and when it was sent to the buyers the kit was missing parts and the ecu mapping was WAY off...

go with other kits... like the C2 kit... pricey but i think it's worth it...