PDA

View Full Version : Good place with Knowledgeable employees to buy running sneakers/shoes

Kevykev
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
with good prices of course.

just want to get my hands on a good pair doesn't have to be the latest technology and all that stuff, just a good pair that gets the job done.

p.s don't worry about what i'll be using these for. :tongue:

USDM TYTE HO!
06-14-2005, 01:12 PM
the best bang for the buck i recommend the nike free.

Kevykev
06-14-2005, 01:19 PM
are the good for bank, i mean running on the track?

well maybe i should, i will, do some research before i purchase.

JagerGirl
06-14-2005, 01:23 PM
running from the cops again kevin?

Kevykev
06-14-2005, 01:26 PM
running from the cops again kevin?

i told you bout openin' yo got damn mouf girl!

life-threatening PM SENT :mad:

JagerGirl
06-14-2005, 01:27 PM
ahhhh..

Kevykev
06-14-2005, 01:28 PM
the best bang for the buck i recommend the nike free.

did you say somthing about a Nike being Free.

FREE NIKE???

B16a2 Civic
06-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Kev, you know i like to run barefooted, so this time if you shoot the cops window out after we get the money, let me know so i can run around

p.s: your earlier comment = :lmao:

Kevykev
06-14-2005, 01:36 PM
ok, when i get back i wanna see some good helpful replies on here nah mean?

USDM TYTE HO!
06-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Read up

‘Nike Free’ is a new concept in running footwear design that Nike claims will help you rediscover the very foundations of sport and wellbeing – your feet. The shoes are designed as a training aid to running, rather than a running shoe. We set out to find out whether this is a true breakthrough or simply a new sales gimmick.

The testers:

Tim – experienced runner, currently training for Ironman event

Debbie – Beginner runner, training for her first half marathon

Nike Free is a training aid that supposedly replicates the benefits of running bare foot. Research has proven that barefoot training reinforces your stabilizer muscles (the ones that prevent injuries) and improves overall strength and wellbeing. The basic premise is that you’ll be strengthening your foot by using those intrinsic muscles that you don’t normally use.

For years many long-distance Olympians, such as the Kenyans, have trained in bare feet and their successes are unparalleled at the top level. But there has never been a suggestion that running barefoot was good for the soles of your feet! Nike Free bridges the gap between running bare feet and with footwear.

Wearing Nike Free is designed to emulate being barefoot but without putting your feet at risk. Designed to complement the natural flexibility, and motion of the foot, this shoe is a completely new experience. The idea is that by letting the foot do what it evolved to do, it’s free to play its natural role as the foundation of sports performance. Its features include flex grooves on the outsole for greater flexibility, dynamic heel pocket for more natural movement and strategically placed slices for a light weight and comfortable fit.

And the verdicts were:

First appearances…

Tim says: They look cool and totally different from the standard running shoe but the black option probably isn’t the most practical colour for a running shoe. They weren’t as difficult to keep clean as I thought they would be.
Debbie says: They look pretty funky but don’t look as though they are built as a training aid to running – more for fashion as they have a faux suede-type appearance that looks a nightmare to clean!

First 2 weeks of use (around the home):

Debbie says: Nike suggest you have to wear them around the house for the first two weeks before running in them. They felt weird at first – kind of like wearing slippers but with bendy soles! You soon get used to them though and they felt very comfortable for wearing around the house.

Tim says: They are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn! Whether it’s the new soles or the nice fit I’m not sure but whatever it is these will take some serious beating in the comfort stakes. It they are helping strengthen muscles in the feet as well then you couldn’t ask for more.

3-8 weeks of use (on the roads!):

Debbie says : Nike give you a recommended training plan which I followed. It assumes that you are running at least three miles per session. I started off with easy runs of between 1 and 3 miles. As the weeks went on I added more to the distance but just wore them just 2-3 times per week.

Tim says: I started with a few 3-mile sessions and ended up with a week of using them for five miles at a time. They were definitely comfortable but I was a bit concerned about pushing too hard in them as I normally wear very cushioned shoes. I felt a bit vulnerable in them but that was probably more my pre-conceptions than any flaw in the shoe. They never let me down at all and gave me a degree of comfort that is very unusual.

Any noticeable difference in feet strength?
Step one

Tim says: Difficult to tell over a six week test but I will continue to use them and hope to reap the rewards.

Debbie says: It’s hard to say whether they have increased my feet strength but they certainly haven’t done my feet any harm. I’ll keep running in them once or twice a week for short runs and see what happens! I’ll probably end up using them as a day-to-day trainer as they are unbelievably comfortable and pretty cool too!
Step two

Overall verdict:

Tim says: An ideal shoe for light training, including gym use where they will be perfect.

Debbie says: It’s hard to say whether they really do strengthen your feet, but I have never known a more comfortable trainer and I’m going to wear them a lot!
Step three

Technical details:

Men’s Nike Free 5.0

 Dynamic heel pocket allows the heel more natural movement. Testing has shown that this is one of the most stable running shoes Nike has ever created.

 To match foot pressure studies revealed in the lab data, the outsole’s longitudinal “siping” is placed closer to the lateral side while the forefoot reverse flex grooves allow for greater toe flexibility.

 Strategically placed slices in the upper make a static material dynamic in nature and response. A seamless upper construction creates a lighter weight, more comfortable fit for the foot.

Shawna
06-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Im standing by my nike shox. I love them.

Tracy
06-14-2005, 01:48 PM
There is this place at Ansley Mall in Midtown. I can't remember what it is called, but it is the only shoe store there. It is close to the radio shack. They are extremely knowledgeable and curteous. They actually measure your foot and inspect your arch before they give you shoes to try on. Once they give you shoes to try on, they have you go outside of the building and run and walk with the shoes on to make sure you like them. They have been arouns since I moved here 10 years ago. I would try them out.

Leisa
06-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I suggest NIKE as well... good shoe, also New Balance is a good running shoe as well...

BOOSTEDeg
06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Nike Shox are overpriced. They fall apart if you are doing alot of running. I am in the Army run 3-5 miles a day. Does anyone else on here run that much? I look for lightness, an arch or arch insert, *price*, and looks ofcourse. That new NIke Free looks interesting, but there are other good shoes probably for less out there. I usually look for onsale shit being a poor enlisted soldier, LOL. But don't get anything expensive if they aren't for show. Look for comfort, that's the main thing. Make sure they are not too tight in the front or too loose in the rear to avoid blisters. Just my :2cents:

Kevykev
06-14-2005, 06:19 PM
^ props

AB3dj
06-14-2005, 06:37 PM
i don't know about technology but if you want them to bling while you run then you can check out one of the 5435342532 shoe stores in five points. in all seriousness though, you can pick up shoes for really cheap down there.

AB3dj
06-14-2005, 06:38 PM

i'm standing by my nike cortez. been doing the damn thing since 1978!
http://www.soccer.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/300/310669.JPG

JagerGirl
06-14-2005, 07:06 PM

my bro loves his too..