PDA

View Full Version : Misc Does anyone have the Sublime Tribute CD

99SI
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I read a review about it in Import Tuner yesterday. It seems like it would be pretty cool. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten it or heard it yet and what it was like.

uproot
06-14-2005, 11:27 AM
nah i didnt know there was one.

sounds like a good idea though.... who's on it?

99SI
06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I can't remember all the bands that are on it, I don't have the mag with me. I'll bring it to work tomorrow and post the bands.

uproot
06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
i think i found it... is this it?

# Jack Johnson - "Badfish/Boss DJ"
# Michael Franti & Spearhead w/Gift of Gab - "What I Got"
# Fishbone - "Date Rape"
# Bargain Music - "Get Out"
# AVAIL - "Santeria"
# No Doubt - "DJ'S"
# The Ziggens - "Paddle Out"
# Mike Watt & Petra Haden w/Stephen Perkins - "Work That We Do"
# Filibuster w/Half Pint - "Get Ready"
# G Love - "Greatest Hits"
# Greyboy Allstars - "Doin Time"
# Camper Van Beethoven - "Garden Grove"
# Ozomatli - "April 29th, 1992"
# AWOL One/Abstract Rude/Josh Fischel/Transducer - "Waiting For My Ruca"
# Pennywise - "Same In the End"
# Los Lobos - "Pawn Shop"

Spyder
06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
it should be interesting. but to be honest i am not really into people doing cover music. especially from a band like Sublime. they had a unique sound and style that wont likely be covered well. just my 2 pennies.

99SI
06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
^^^That was my fear. I love listening to Sublime, I usually rotate Robin The Hood, 40 oz to freedom, and Sublime in my CD player along with the occasional 311. I guess it's just the desire to have another Sublime CD that got me excited.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 05:01 PM
^^^That was my fear. I love listening to Sublime, I usually rotate Robin The Hood, 40 oz to freedom, and Sublime in my CD player along with the occasional 311. I guess it's just the desire to have another Sublime CD that got me excited.

if you get it let me know how it is like if they kinda did it in a cool style or if they tried to hard to sound like something they are not...

Spyder
06-22-2005, 08:55 PM
bump , is this out?

AFshane04
06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
yeah, its fuckin awesome

got it at bestbuy, just go to the sublime section, and it doesnt have a cover, but the cd looks like a burned on, its like gold, and it says sublime tribute