PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Building a D16 vs Building an LS

E.G. KING
01-10-2007, 08:02 PM
ok i either want to build a d16 or a b18b its going in an eg. i want the most bang for the money im gonna spend, i dont really want to go with boost, but im not totally ruling it out as an option. what my questions are is which would give me the most bang for my buck and does anyone have sheets as far as power and torque to give me an idea as to what both of these make Help!!!!

Formally...
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I guess it depends on your budget. When you say build do you mean stock rebuild or forged internals, head work, etc. I would say the LS is a better choice ONLY if you get the right tranny. Remember a B16 hydro tranny is more expensive then a ex d-series. If you plan on boosting then it's about the same. Let us know a little more on budget or power goals and that will help. Later.

Halfwit
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
ok i either want to build a d16 or a b18b its going in an eg. i want the most bang for the money im gonna spend, i dont really want to go with boost, but im not totally ruling it out as an option. what my questions are is which would give me the most bang for my buck and does anyone have sheets as far as power and torque to give me an idea as to what both of these make Help!!!!
for all motor, do an ls, they pull nicely, and do well with mods.
but a turbo d16 can be put together cheaply, motors found easy, and still fast.

ranj
01-10-2007, 09:38 PM
for all motor, do an ls, they pull nicely, and do well with mods.
but a turbo d16 can be put together cheaply, motors found easy, and still fast.

yup exactly.

itz a jew
01-10-2007, 10:21 PM
i had a d16 and plannd on bulding it but i went with a ls with a b16 tranny and im very impressd... u will b able to get more power out a ls and torque is very gud specially with the tranny

E.G. KING
01-11-2007, 11:49 AM
well i i would rebuild either motor with forged internals and have my head ported and polished i want 220 to the wheels cause i really think in my eg that would be adequate

IntegraXTR
01-11-2007, 12:52 PM
220whp is not easily obtainable with either motors, only way is to boost it, NA would be very expensive to get a LS or a D16 to 200whp. Good luck on that.

typerek
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
FULLY BUILT ls with a 100 shot and you might make that 200 markk