PDA

View Full Version : What does Wal-mart mean to you.

C22H19N3O4
06-14-2005, 01:32 AM
SInce some of you have this fascination with Wal-mart, what does Wal-mart really mean to you? Some you shop there on a daily basis and some of you hang out there like it\\\'s the Peach Pit on 90210. What others think. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wal-mart&r=f)

krindus
06-14-2005, 01:35 AM
honestly, i don't go there often, but when it's late at night, theres nothing else to do, walmart is always there. it's like an old girlfriend that won't go away. you don't really want to go back, but your single and not getting any, so why not?

C22H19N3O4
06-14-2005, 01:56 AM
So what exactly do you do at Wal-mart late at night? Shop? Help Roll back prices?

AtifSajid
06-14-2005, 07:22 AM
So what exactly do you do at Wal-mart late at night? Shop? Help Roll back prices?

help roll back prices...bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

uproot
06-14-2005, 08:39 AM
found some cool shirts there for like $9.... mr2, supra, and this evo one...

B16a2 Civic
06-14-2005, 08:44 AM
wal Mart= Wally World....go there when im bored, plus be alot of fine girls at our wal marts, even if the mall is still open or closed

Z33_kid
06-14-2005, 08:46 AM
omg i ust to steal mp3's it was alike a free store lol now i just go an buy w/e an get out lol fun store its full all the time crazy stuff

DreamerTheresa
06-14-2005, 08:48 AM
I don't go into Wal-Mart unless I'm wearing my trusty burqua.

mocha latte cupcake
06-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Wally world is the stuff dreams are made of... see ho's are attracted there, price keep rolling back and they sell shirts of EVO's what else could you want of a place, o yeah and its open 24 hrs a day, honestly.... in a virtual world it would almost rival the WA HO in coolness...

99SI
06-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Wal Mart to me means the gates of hell. I absolutely would rather hang upside down by my toes than go to Wal Mart. It means 3000 people meandering around in a humongous building getting in my way, walking slow, chitchatting in the middle of aisles with their friends and 75% of them could be mistaken for Shamu. Fuck WalMart.

Hulud
06-14-2005, 09:58 AM
lol...wow

uproot
06-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Wal Mart to me means the gates of hell. I absolutely would rather hang upside down by my toes than go to Wal Mart. It means 3000 people meandering around in a humongous building getting in my way, walking slow, chitchatting in the middle of aisles with their friends and 75% of them could be mistaken for Shamu. Fuck WalMart.

hmm... funny, that description fits gwinnett place mall too

SaraX5
06-14-2005, 10:17 AM
i've been to walmart maybe twice in my life so it doesn't mean shit to me

SLEEK-CRX-SI
06-14-2005, 10:21 AM
nismo what it is dawg?

SLEEK-CRX-SI
06-14-2005, 10:25 AM
I seen a lady go to jail over a loly pop she gave her kid and didn't pay for it.
I'm ashamed to say I worked there. I did a 1 year stay up at the old one on pleasant hill. Most would buckle under the conditions,horrible sites, and lack of english speaking skills the customers posses.

uproot
06-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Most would buckle under the conditions,horrible sites, and lack of english speaking skills the customers posses.

once again... gwinnett place

SLEEK-CRX-SI
06-14-2005, 10:31 AM
yep you got it. Gwinnett place is like new chamblee. and yet it was so nice when I moved here 1990 back when we all spoke english and K-mart was bout it. ahhh the good ol days!

Bishop
06-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Walmart has just about everything. Its the shit

uproot
06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
yep you got it. Gwinnett place is like new chamblee. and yet it was so nice when I moved here 1990 back when we all spoke english and K-mart was bout it. ahhh the good ol days!

yeah its all goin to hell.... craziness

justinxecushyn
06-14-2005, 01:01 PM
you can get any thing at wal-mart. i love it. that isle 12 love is the peach of my eye....

Kristi
06-14-2005, 01:11 PM
i HATE Wal-Mart

Shawna
06-14-2005, 01:27 PM
lol I love Wal-Mart. Actually I think Im going to go visit that wonderful place in a little while!!

SilverJester
06-14-2005, 01:28 PM
it means that once the auto parts store is closed, I have to run to walmart and see if they stock any misc parts I forgot to get. It also means playing with the soccer balls with friends (just gotta be careful not to kick it over any aisles, they don't like that)

bigb996
06-14-2005, 01:49 PM
best store ever! they have everything

Julio
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM
walmart is tiiiiight y0 !!!

Spyder
06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
i go there when i need to , its nice having everything in one place. the problem is that everyone else is there for the exact same reason. also with the fact that i live in gwinnett it means that half the population of mexico is here. for some reason when they go shopping they have to bring their 15 kids and buy 4 buggies of crap at once then procede to the self check out line or the express lane... just drives me crazy.

Julio
06-14-2005, 02:21 PM
i go there when i need to , its nice having everything in one place. the problem is that everyone else is there for the exact same reason. also with the fact that i live in gwinnett it means that half the population of mexico is here. for some reason when they go shopping they have to bring their 15 kids and buy 4 buggies of crap at once then procede to the self check out line or the express lane... just drives me crazy.

weird, everytime I go to walmart I see more white folks then Mexican.. and Im in gwinnett too.. I frequent the one on Collins hill the most. hnmm..

civic95
06-14-2005, 03:09 PM

Werd! But I'd still rather go there. I'm not paying targets 20% markup just because their store is better looking.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
weird, everytime I go to walmart I see more white folks then Mexican.. and Im in gwinnett too.. I frequent the one on Collins hill the most. hnmm..

funny you say that , i shouldnt say its all mexican , it depends on the time of day. some times its white's other times its black's later its mexicans. they seem to come in waves...

Z33_kid
06-14-2005, 03:17 PM
i can buy starter shorts woohooo !!!!

BOOSTEDeg
06-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Whoever says they don't go to Walmart is full of shit.Unless they are spoiled little rich kids, and even they go.

AB3dj
06-14-2005, 06:46 PM
walmart = gives kids something to do in the suburbs.

also smells like cleaning solution (hotel carpet, bleach, etc)

AB3dj
06-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Whoever says they don't go to Walmart is full of shit.Unless they are spoiled little rich kids, and even they go.

actually i don't go to walmart. they don't have walmarts within the perimeter.

it's actually a pretty handy store. one of the few chains that sells krylon paint.

TEG DRIVER
06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
wal-mart to me means white trash. no offense to some people though. it is fun to wal around though. whenever me and my friends hang out it is always either books a million, the mall, or wal-mart or we'll go eat some chinese food. alot of mexicans at the wal-mart here, but now they're going to make a super wal-mart on highway 96 which is just what we need around here. MORE traffic.

BOOSTEDeg
06-14-2005, 06:52 PM
actually i don't go to walmart. they don't have walmarts within the perimeter.

Okay, I guess that's another reason why one wouldn't go, LOL. Other than that, EVERYONE goes to Walmart!!!!!!!!

KL_03Mx-3
06-14-2005, 06:55 PM
dude i haven't seen a regular walmart in forever i am in the middle of nowhere and its been about 8yrs since i've seen a regular walmart............but anyway walmart is a place you go when there is absolutly nuttin to do an you meet up wit someone an go from there thats what walmart is to me......oh yea used to buy cds there but now i can buy unedited so i no longer go to walmart for cd's

thinkfast®
06-14-2005, 07:54 PM
ya I hit the wal mart but you need to understand that shit is evil..
Now: I gotta disagree with the whole "gwinnett has half the pop. of Mexico" bullshit, more like GA is gettin BUILT by half the population of Mexico. If it wasn't for all the "mexicans coming w/ 20 kids" putting money right back into this county, Sugarloaf would look like fuckin Winder.

think about it.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Now: I gotta disagree with the whole "gwinnett has half the pop. of Mexico" bullshit, more like GA is gettin BUILT by half the population of Mexico. If it wasn't for all the "mexicans coming w/ 20 kids" putting money right back into this county, Sugarloaf would look like fuckin Winder.

think about it.

and that would be bad how?

C22H19N3O4
06-15-2005, 02:24 AM
My Ode to Wal-mart Part 1:

As the gates of Hell open, I feel the need to run
But I suddenly realize my roommate has eaten my last hotdog bun
The smell overpowers me as to end my life
As cries emit from isle 8, a Pakistani man has lost his wife
The surreal image of patrons pushing their carts through the tiny lanes of the store
Remind me of my ex, trying to squeeze her big ass into a pair of jeans that eventually tore
The masses push and shove in hopes of a magnificent deal
But all I managed to obtain was a $4.00 tape released by Seal

LaurenK
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
My Mom always says "if you can't get it at Walmart or Target you don't need it." lol.

lilgapeach
06-15-2005, 10:51 AM
best store ever! they have everything
Almost everything they don't have planters cheese balls that come in the canasters. I have checked 2 different wal-marts.

Nittanys1
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I went to the walmart up in Dahlonega, Ga to get some food and supplies for the weekend camping trip and everyone there knew everyone...sept us....we got a weird ass look from EVERYONE we walked by...even the two year olds!!!

AB3dj
06-15-2005, 03:32 PM

think about it.

i don't really see the logic in that? a good majority get paid half the price of a legal citizen and it's all under the table. that means that money is lost somewhere. and another good majority send their money back to mexico for their families so that definitely doesn't get put back in the community. also, construction has more workers than any other field including retail. i'm sure they would do just fine without them, they may just have to increase the budget. if you notice there's a shitload of development going on in the city of atlanta right now and 90% with the exception of sub-sub contracted employees are completely legal. the reason is if a huge developer gets caught violating laws like that then their asses get handed to them! and they would definitely spend more money than they saved using illegal workers. not trying to get into a racial debate or anything because i'm definitely not racist, just looking at it from an economical standpoint (my standpoint). i'm sure clark howard can name off 100 reasons why i'm wrong.

back on subject:

one time i saw lady change her kid's diaper on a mcdonalds EATING table right in front of everyone. wiping the ass and the whole nine yards. pleasant hill is high class living for sure.

Julio
06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
i don't really see the logic in that? a good majority get paid half the price of a legal citizen and it's all under the table. that means that money is lost somewhere. and another good majority send their money back to mexico for their families so that definitely doesn't get put back in the community. also, construction has more workers than any other field including retail. i'm sure they would do just fine without them, they may just have to increase the budget. if you notice there's a shitload of development going on in the city of atlanta right now and 90% with the exception of sub-sub contracted employees are completely legal. the reason is if a huge developer gets caught violating laws like that then their asses get handed to them! and they would definitely spend more money than they saved using illegal workers. not trying to get into a racial debate or anything because i'm definitely not racist, just looking at it from an economical standpoint (my standpoint). i'm sure clark howard can name off 100 reasons why i'm wrong.

back on subject:

one time i saw lady change her kid's diaper on a mcdonalds EATING table right in front of everyone. wiping the ass and the whole nine yards. pleasant hill is high class living for sure.

Clark Howard is not the only one who can find 100 reasons why your wrong... is easy.
your economical standpoint is lame. Why? Because you are using the same excuse that most people always use.
If they were sending "all there money" back to Mexico, wtf are they doing at walmart? all the business they open up in Doraville and Chamblee etc.. All the night clubs beeing open by mexican owners, all the contruction company they own.
Sorry mexicans don't care what kinda off work they do and how much they get payed sometime, I mean lazy people will get off and get work.
When I moved down here back in 96-97 I met this mexican guy who was good friends with my pops.. He came to this country legally, worked his ass off for a year or so, Open up his construction company a YEAR later..
Now almost 10 years later, he has over 500 employees and owns a 500,000 home in FL and a couple of more houses here in GA.
Now you know how many People actually end up like that, That actually come to this country from another place in the world ?? ALOT...
And why you think so many COMPANIES have shit everywhere in spanish now also?? this country is ALL about the money... who cares where you from and what language you speak, is obvious to these big COmpanies that other races are spending alot of cash..... hnmm

No offense to no one, But hispanics people are the hardest working people I have ever worked with.. Not saying that because Im hispanic, but I've been working in retail 10 years and have worked with all races and by far hispanics take the cake.

PSINXS
06-15-2005, 05:51 PM
It's a place where i can count how many i've been kicked out of. A place to enjoy the shopping skanks( c-town only lol), hot milfs on the occasion, bounce a ball of a friends head, ride a bike or two. Wal-mart is *sniffle sniffle* a bored man's dream.

AB3dj
06-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Clark Howard is not the only one who can find 100 reasons why your wrong... is easy.
your economical standpoint is lame. Why? Because you are using the same excuse that most people always use.
If they were sending "all there money" back to Mexico, wtf are they doing at walmart? all the business they open up in Doraville and Chamblee etc.. All the night clubs beeing open by mexican owners, all the contruction company they own.
Sorry mexicans don't care what kinda off work they do and how much they get payed sometime, I mean lazy people will get off and get work.
When I moved down here back in 96-97 I met this mexican guy who was good friends with my pops.. He came to this country legally, worked his ass off for a year or so, Open up his construction company a YEAR later..
Now almost 10 years later, he has over 500 employees and owns a 500,000 home in FL and a couple of more houses here in GA.
Now you know how many People actually end up like that, That actually come to this country from another place in the world ?? ALOT...
And why you think so many COMPANIES have shit everywhere in spanish now also?? this country is ALL about the money... who cares where you from and what language you speak, is obvious to these big COmpanies that other races are spending alot of cash..... hnmm

No offense to no one, But hispanics people are the hardest working people I have ever worked with.. Not saying that because Im hispanic, but I've been working in retail 10 years and have worked with all races and by far hispanics take the cake.

i have a huge respect for people that come from other countries legally . i'm one of a few handfull of people in my department that have legal citizenship. most of the staff is busting their asses in order to go through the hassles of all of the paperwork and the time it takes to do that. all so they can work. i don't think it's fair that these people and the people and your father's friend have to work so hard in order to work their jobs while other people slip through the system all because they're too lazy to process the paperwork. i feel this way about any of these people regardless of their background which is why i'm even replying to this so late anyways.

and i agree about hispanics being work-horses, i feel the same way about the chinese who i'm working with now. 15-18 hour days like nothing.

jrobbins30041
06-18-2005, 01:11 AM
cheap shit at cheap prices, shitty employees

ALVIN
06-18-2005, 01:18 AM
bottom line...my girlfriends grandfather owns a sheetrocking business and all with the exception of his son are hispanics and all legal...why you ask well her grandfather tried hiring her stepdad (a white man) well he expected to get paid full for half assed work. I mean hispanics do work very hard infact most people from different countries do as Julio pointed out. And why is that...well because we as a society have gotten too lazy and will not do "hard" labor anymore. I mean shit one of his workers sends half of his paycheck every week back to his family and you see him rolling around in a bad ass car for 1...2 he has a 7 bedroom house in mexico for his family and 3 he works his ass off to get paid. but thats just my 2 cents

no Wal-Mart is pretty fun when you see people doing stupid stuff and come to find out that your one of them...

speedracer41
06-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Wal-MArt means a good chance to practice my spanish,J/k and huge crowds - even at 8am not kidding!

SL65AMG
06-18-2005, 11:01 AM
funny you say that , i shouldnt say its all mexican , it depends on the time of day. some times its white's other times its black's later its mexicans. they seem to come in waves...

thats funny.... the last few times ive been there its 90% fucking illegals and blacks..... ive only seen a few scattered whites ......

w/e

i dont go there anymore... i cant stand it