PDA

View Full Version : General Chat New Supra, YAY or NAY?

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Lets get some feedback on the 2008 Supra, definatly a tough competitor of the 350Z and what do you think Nissan's response will be to this?

http://www.2008toyotasupra.net/stills/2008-toyota-supra-sneak-preview-big.jpg

In my opinion, this car is just plain badass.

imbosile
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
GAY, oh wait I mean NAY.

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 04:33 PM
you are insane, are you serious?

imbosile
you are insane, are you serious?

Sure it will be fast, but it looks ugly imo.

HalfBaked
It looks like a saturn sky.

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
you are crazy, that car looks amazing

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 04:35 PM
yeah i can see the resemblance but im pretty sure that the supra is a little more beastly

imbosile
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
i would take the last generation over that anyday.

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 04:41 PM
eh...

Benefit
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
what engine

NoPainT
01-09-2007, 04:57 PM
what engine

It said either the v8 or the 3.5 same as the IS 350 or the GS350. So... it's gay!

darkstar6069
01-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Its a myth

HalfBaked
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Its a myth
My friend's girlfriend works for Toyota. She has seen the pamphlets and everything, its legit...

bdydrpdmazda
01-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I like it and I think its gona be a huge hit. I wonder what kind of price tag its gonna have.

aaronfelipe
01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Look ALOT better than other prototypes I have seen.

man
01-09-2007, 05:33 PM
GAY, oh wait I mean NAY.

LOL, I agree

Benefit
01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Lets get some feedback on the 2008 Supra, definatly a tough competitor of the 350Z and what do you think Nissan's response will be to this?

it might be a competitor of the 350Z but not for the new skyline, thats in a different league;)

ranj
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
the rear kinda looks like an s2k rear, i like the old ones better too, but i don't not like the new ones.

Tracy
01-09-2007, 07:17 PM
gay. It will never be the same again!

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
My friend's girlfriend works for Toyota. She has seen the pamphlets and everything, its legit...
what??

I work for the biggest Toyota dealership in the southeast. we dont have any pamphlets nor has it been added to any of the systems yet.

Ive already got parts listed for the Scion xD, but ive got no clue what it looks like, nor when it comes out.

sorry, but i call bs :)

The Ren
01-09-2007, 07:29 PM
^ I agree!

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
It's not bad.

I'd rock it.

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Heres an interesting piece of info to add to the conversation.

Toyota has to my knowledge nevermade a manual trans for the V8. and i dont think the Supra will have a manual V8, prolly some paddle shift-ish automatic trans type thing.

whatcha guys think of that? a Supra not available with a manual trans??

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Heres another reason i doubt it will ever come out as a Toyota here.

Toyota makes its money off of the economic cars, i doubt they care about a sports car. Its a business and since they cut the supra, Spyder(wasnt much of a sports car), the Celica.... all they are left with is the Scions (econo-cars with bunches of dealer options) and the Solara (Camry coupe) for their sports-ish cars... they care about making their low end american brand more luxury and still more affordable, not about a performance car with heritage.

If it comes out, i dont care, i'm just waiting for dumb kids to wreck them so i can sell them parts for it :)

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
no this isnt bs theres no way toyota would never let people make a fake ad about them and put it on the internet, there would be lawsuits everywhere. And so what if Toyota makes economy cars, in order to survive in the world, they gotta put out just like the rest of em.

Toyota is an up and coming car company and i think it will pass GM as far as industry goes (not necessarily better cars thats not what im saying). For this reason they need to appeal to more people and what better way than to introduce a new sports car, and hell why not give it an old favorites name.

OF course it wont be the same, its not meant to be, nobody changes a car like the Supra to a 2-seater and expects people to think its the same car.

Lude4Life
01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
and theres a first for everything, even Toyota made V8 manual transmissions, just becasue you work at a dealership doesnt mean you know corporate Toyota's plans.

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
and theres a first for everything, even Toyota made V8 manual transmissions, just becasue you work at a dealership doesnt mean you know corporate Toyota's plans.
name a manual V8 toyota has made.

and i'd hate to break this to you. But no dealership makes most of their money on sports cars. MOST companies are going AWAY from sports cars. Which is why Toyota is doing so well. and if you notice all those adds said concept or were in japanese? Toyota has never made a statement regarding a definate production of the Supra. someones gonna suye cuz Toyota said they might make it? Up and coming compny? Toyota has been here since 1969. fool. :)

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
i know more than you :) haha

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 08:03 PM
oh and nissan's response will be to try and copy the success scion has, because they make most of their money off economy cars, not sports cars. More econo-cars and more hybrid options.

my theory anyways. *shrug*

looking4car
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
its awsome

mx34life
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
:piss: NAY!!

CSquared
01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
no this isnt bs theres no way toyota would never let people make a fake ad about them and put it on the internet, there would be lawsuits everywhere.

Just so you know... i can tell you first hand that the article isn't a fake... I can't remember which exactly but it was published in a major auto magazine a good 6 months ago. I'm subscribed to road and track, car and driver, and motor tend, so it was def one of those.

man
01-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Why is this thread still going? First off, the new FT-HS concept is official and Toyota isn't dumb enough to make 2 cars that would compete against each other.
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1487/

If TopGear isn't a reputable source (especially with photos instead of PSed images) I give up

And second, yes that is a fake aka Photoshop by some speculative concept artists.

8bangin302
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
hell nay.

EP3sAreFun
01-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Why is this thread still going? First off, the new FT-HS concept is official and Toyota isn't dumb enough to make 2 cars that would compete against each other.
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1487/

If TopGear isn't a reputable source (especially with photos instead of PSed images) I give up

And second, yes that is a fake aka Photoshop by some speculative concept artists.
F U C K yes. THAT seems mroe likely than another supra. Especialy with how Toyota pushes the hybrid line of cars.

+rep to you.

Its still going cuz some kid searched on google and plays too many video games lol

Lude4Life
01-10-2007, 09:20 AM
i know more than you :) haha

Thats fantastic that you know more about toyotas im a honda person myself "lude4life" as in prelude, you said it yourself toyotas are economy cars not sports cars so do your thing, i didnt start this thread to argue, I just wanted to know what other people thought of the god damn car.:2up:

Killer
01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
imo... i like it.. whether it's real or not.. eh who knows...

did i miss something in that top gear article.. thought it said that the ft-hs was a concept...????

either way.. that thing looks pretty hideous...

man
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
imo... i like it.. whether it's real or not.. eh who knows...

did i miss something in that top gear article.. thought it said that the ft-hs was a concept...????

either way.. that thing looks pretty hideous...

It is an official concept but unlike that Photoshops from the first post, the FT-HS was unveiled in Detroit, in physical form.

1000cckiller
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
My :2cents: is that toyota will come back with the supra, just like all the other car companies that are back cars. Mazda brought a another RX, Nissan another Z , Nissan another skyline, and toyota will bring another supra. People have been pleading for another supra it will happen sooner or later.

twkg
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Let's just hope its not as ugly as that though.

§treet_§peed
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
repost

EP3sAreFun
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Thats fantastic that you know more about toyotas im a honda person myself "lude4life" as in prelude, you said it yourself toyotas are economy cars not sports cars so do your thing, i didnt start this thread to argue, I just wanted to know what other people thought of the god damn car.:2up:
congratulations. you own a Honda. Ive owned 3. I dont consider myself a mitsubishi person. i consider myself a car person. I said Toyota makes its money off economy cars. not that Toyotas ARE economy cars. Corolla, road race, rally race, supra celica are both cars that raced. Toyota has a great race history.

I'm telling ya, its not likely on the supra tho.

Lucky DAWG
01-10-2007, 10:59 PM

i own a Lexus SC400 and i'm with my toyota boy here for sure

ur retarded talking about honda the way you are lol... since when was honda going in the direction of making sports cars??? civics and accords are modded bc they are so cheap, not bc they are the best.

and the supra sold HORRIBLY back when it came out, its purely a collector's car now and most people who are not car enthusiasts have not heard of it what so ever. Articles have been coming out in magazines for years, that means absolutely nothing about it coming out.

Toyota is not dumb enough to put the name of a car that did not sell well and is now unknown on their new car. Even if it resembles the Supra looks wise or performance wise, it will be under a new name.

Toyota makes their money off econmy cars but TRD is very successful like it was stated previously. TRD is making its entrance into NASCAR, so i dont know how they are going away from racing.

Anything with some power is gonna have a Lexus emblem stuck on it as well, Toyota commercially is being advertised as performance and all the luxury and power cars are going to be under the Lexus status. I wouldn't be surprised to see the latter Toyota concept stated (forget its name) released with or shortly after the new LF line