PDA

View Full Version : Misc Your cell phone is weak b**tches...

AtifSajid
01-09-2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html

con
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM
so this is the new new shiat........not even available for sale yet.....wonder who will license it and lock it in to their carrier first???

AtifSajid
01-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Locked to Cingular 4gb - $499 8gb-$599

fuk cingular. available June..

I bet imma gonna find someone who can hack this biatch.

The Yousef
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
whoa....

05Tib
01-09-2007, 02:18 PM
damn....

2.0civic
01-09-2007, 02:21 PM
damn indeed....i wonder how much ipods are going to drop after this

v3rd1g0
01-09-2007, 02:32 PM
wait wait... did anyone read the battery life? 5 - 16 hours... wtf... i'll stick with my 8125

2.0civic
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
8125 sucks life too lol

v3rd1g0
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
i can atleast get two days of full use out of it. i have wifi and bluetooth going 24/7 and it last a decent time for me. i know it's not the best lifetime but sitll... 5 - 16 hours out of that apple one, sheesh

shavedcivic
01-09-2007, 03:17 PM
fuck the iphone. i'll stick with my MDA. it's so much fucking better.

candy2082002
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
ok I have Cingular....I want one :) maybe I will get one as a birthday present lol jk way too much but would be nice tho

ksinao
01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
thats really nice

4dmin
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
lol i fucking knew it... as soon as vid ipod's came out i said they will do a iphone... thats the only market they haven't tapped ;)

very smart move

BiH1320
01-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Ill stick with my razr. Even though they are pointless.

puregroove
01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I want one...

Extrememustang
01-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Why are ppl obsessed with cell phones?

henryjkim
01-11-2007, 11:31 AM
nice phone but ill stick with my pearl... i need battery life =D

RiceBoy
01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
YES!!!! Their stock (AAPL) have shot up over 10 percent since then.....that means I can buy more toys...:)

gtikid
01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
wait wait... did anyone read the battery life? 5 - 16 hours... wtf... i'll stick with my 8125

It's 5 hours of continuous talk time, which is about the same as EVERY other phone. 16 hours of Audio play, which is about as much as an IPOD. They didn't give any standby time. Obviously it's gonna last a lot more than 5 hours...

henryjkim
01-12-2007, 10:44 AM
oo didnt see the touch screen... i wonder if apple will allow unlocking =]

Hektik
01-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I WANT

gtikid
01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I WANT

You can buy it from me and give me an activation :D

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 08:32 AM
yea that phone looks purdy hawt, too bad its for cingular though, i got tmobile. but, like atif said, somebody will be able to unlock it, maybe me :D

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_announced_at_macworld-news-244.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrEjFseccI :D

with all the great things that it does, it doesnt have 3g, which all new high end phones should for cingular. i dont see a mention of speakerphone, or a card slot. the internal memory is good, but i would rather have a card slot, much easier. Also, an FM radio would be great, its almost the standard with most of the new high end phones. surely it has speakerphone though.....RIGHT?? :thinking:

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 08:56 AM
ONLY ONE ISSUE WITH THIS PHONE....NO 3G..

LIRL TEEJAY BEFORE YOU ASK, YOUR CARD WAS SENT YESTERDAY

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 08:58 AM
ONLY ONE ISSUE WITH THIS PHONE....NO 3G..

LIRL TEEJAY BEFORE YOU ASK, YOUR CARD WAS SENT YESTERDAY
:lmfao: THANKS MAN

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 09:00 AM
:lmfao: THANKS MAN

BUT I MEAN SERIOUSLY...MARKET A FINE ASS PHONE WITH ONE FLAW....WTF WERE THEY THINKING? 3G HAS BEEN IN EUROPE AWHILE NOW SO I JUST THINK ITS A DUMB MOVE ON THEIR PART AND NOT THOUGHT OUT WELL ENOUGH

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:02 AM
BUT I MEAN SERIOUSLY...MARKET A FINE ASS PHONE WITH ONE FLAW....WTF WERE THEY THINKING? 3G HAS BEEN IN EUROPE AWHILE NOW SO I JUST THINK ITS A DUMB MOVE ON THEIR PART AND NOT THOUGHT OUT WELL ENOUGH
yea i agree man, 3g is old hat, from what i hear, japan and parts of europe are already rolling out 4g network, or something better. USA always gets shafted though

ksinao
01-13-2007, 09:05 AM
ummm.... whats 3G?

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 09:06 AM
yea i agree man, 3g is old hat, from what i hear, japan and parts of europe are already rolling out 4g network, or something better. USA always gets shafted though

CORRECT....FROM WHAT IVE HEARD, 4G IS ALREADY OUT IN PART OF EUROPE...I DONT KNOW FOR SURE, JUST WHAT IVE HEARD CAUSE WHEN CINGULAR 3G CAME OUT, I HAD EUROPEAN CLIENTS BITCHING ABOUT 3G HERE WHEN THEY HAD 4G LOL

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:07 AM
ummm.... whats 3G?
in a nutshell...
extremely high speed data transfer. fast web browsing, video call capability, etc

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
CORRECT....FROM WHAT IVE HEARD, 4G IS ALREADY OUT IN PART OF EUROPE...I DONT KNOW FOR SURE, JUST WHAT IVE HEARD CAUSE WHEN CINGULAR 3G CAME OUT, I HAD EUROPEAN CLIENTS BITCHING ABOUT 3G HERE WHEN THEY HAD 4G LOL
lol it really is a crock of shit man. i take that back on the japan part though, japan has its own network, (WCDMA??), which is why japanese phones will not work in america or europe. i dont know if you know anything about the sharp phones, but i had the sharp 903, BADASS phone, it was gsm unlocked. but the new sharp 904 is wcdma i believe, meaning it will only work in japan. greedy bastards

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
in a nutshell...
extremely high speed data transfer. fast web browsing, video call capability, etc

STREAMING VIDEO AND MUSIC AS WELL

ME AND MY BUDDY ARE ACTUALLY MAKING A PROGRAM NOW FOR PDA'S....IT WILL BE NICE FOR SOME BUT WE ARE FIGURING OUT WHAT WE WILL NEED TO PRICE AT AND HES CURRENTLY TRYING TO DEAL WITH THE PATENT OFFICE ON IT...MORE DETAILS ON THAT TO COME LATER...

ALL IM SAYING IS SOME TUNERS WILL LIKE IT...:goodjob:

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 09:10 AM
lol it really is a crock of shit man. i take that back on the japan part though, japan has its own network, (WCDMA??), which is why japanese phones will not work in america or europe

YUP AND WHY WHEN PEOPLE BUY UNLOCKED PHONES SOMETIMES, THEY GET PISSED OFF CAUSE THEY CANT DO SHIT WITH THEM BUT MAKE CALLS LOL

I HAD A CUSTOMER WITH A JAPANESE MOTOROLA PHONE AND EVEN MOTOROLA SAID THEY COULDNT GET HER SOFTWARE EVEN TO SEND TEXT OR WEB BROWSING...SUCKS

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:11 AM
STREAMING VIDEO AND MUSIC AS WELL

ME AND MY BUDDY ARE ACTUALLY MAKING A PROGRAM NOW FOR PDA'S....IT WILL BE NICE FOR SOME BUT WE ARE FIGURING OUT WHAT WE WILL NEED TO PRICE AT AND HES CURRENTLY TRYING TO DEAL WITH THE PATENT OFFICE ON IT...MORE DETAILS ON THAT TO COME LATER...

ALL IM SAYING IS SOME TUNERS WILL LIKE IT...:goodjob:
sweet man, keep me updated

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:12 AM
YUP AND WHY WHEN PEOPLE BUY UNLOCKED PHONES SOMETIMES, THEY GET PISSED OFF CAUSE THEY CANT DO SHIT WITH THEM BUT MAKE CALLS LOL

I HAD A CUSTOMER WITH A JAPANESE MOTOROLA PHONE AND EVEN MOTOROLA SAID THEY COULDNT GET HER SOFTWARE EVEN TO SEND TEXT OR WEB BROWSING...SUCKS
well, if its able to be unlocked to make calls, its not japan-only. if it makes calls, she just probably didnt have the sms or mms settings right

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 09:14 AM
sweet man, keep me updated

well since he already has the patent pretty much sealed, its going to be a tuning program for diagnostics and things like that like the snap on scanner type deals but hes also going to have some other goodies too built in like reading codes and data logging but only issue right now is a connectivity cable...

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:14 AM
well ill be darned, it says here that the sharp 904 is coming soon for gsm....hmmmmm

http://www.gsmarena.com/sharp_904-1490.php

2.0civic
01-13-2007, 09:15 AM
well, if its able to be unlocked to make calls, its not japan-only. if it makes calls, she just probably didnt have the sms or mms settings right

i dunno, i called moto and they told me since it was that certain phone, she couldnt receive or send it...hell idk, didnt really care since she was tmobile and conviently came into my store lirl

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:17 AM
damn....about the 904...

@Gouki
=======

Why would I buy a phone that I cannot use?

I know of plenty of people who bought one and sold it again.

And the point is: This phone cannot be used by anyone who is not a Japanese Citizen or Japanese Resident with a valid SOFTBANK Contract and enabled International Roaming.

Which excludes 99.9% of all GSM users...

This phone is brilliant, I used to own a SHARP 903SH. But it IS a PAPER WEIGHT for me as I will never be able to use it outside of Japan.
And I don't buy phones just so I can own it. I need to use them...

Doesn't that make sense?

Harlekkin

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 09:18 AM
i dunno, i called moto and they told me since it was that certain phone, she couldnt receive or send it...hell idk, didnt really care since she was tmobile and conviently came into my store lirl
hmmm i dunno lol

gtikid
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Eh who cares if it has 3g or not. Most customers don't even go online to care of it really. And what's the big deal if it has expandable memory. It already comes with 4gb or 8gb which is more than you can purchase through expandable memory. Besides, a 2gb SD is $100, so who knows how much a 4gb card or an 8gb card is. FM is the standard? Helll no. Most people don't care about that. They tried putting radio's in phone and that shit didn't work out. If it would of worked out how they had planned, almost every phone made now would have FM, kinda like how every phone now has a camera and an mp3 player standard. :goodjob: It's obviously gonna have speakerphone. Besides, that phone was barely announced a few days ago. It hasn't even been approved by the FCC and it's EXPECTED to come out in June. They might make some changes by then :goodjob:

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Eh who cares if it has 3g or not. Most customers don't even go online to care of it really. And what's the big deal if it has expandable memory. It already comes with 4gb or 8gb which is more than you can purchase through expandable memory. Besides, a 2gb SD is $100, so who knows how much a 4gb card or an 8gb card is. FM is the standard? Helll no. Most people don't care about that. They tried putting radio's in phone and that shit didn't work out. If it would of worked out how they had planned, almost every phone made now would have FM, kinda like how every phone now has a camera and an mp3 player standard. :goodjob: It's obviously gonna have speakerphone. Besides, that phone was barely announced a few days ago. It hasn't even been approved by the FCC and it's EXPECTED to come out in June. They might make some changes by then :goodjob:
im not talkin about most customers, which are morons, im talkin about the ones that know their shit. i know 4 and 8 gb is a lot of memory, but im not a fan of internal memory only. besides, i got a 2gb mini sd layin around with no use :D i never said fm was the standard in all phones, i said high end phones. not the pieces of shit they give away with a contract. this phone IS supposed to be high end right?? with that price it better be. how has fm not worked out?? it worked great on my ericsson w600, and my nokias. and it only has a 2mp cam, that isnt quite the standard yet, but its getting close. i own a 3mp phone, and there are phones out with 5mp and 8mp cams, so there is def room for improvement

gtikid
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
im not talkin about most customers, which are morons, im talkin about the ones that know their shit. i know 4 and 8 gb is a lot of memory, but im not a fan of internal memory only. besides, i got a 2gb mini sd layin around with no use :D i never said fm was the standard in all phones, i said high end phones. not the pieces of shit they give away with a contract. this phone IS supposed to be high end right?? with that price it better be. how has fm not worked out?? it worked great on my ericsson w600, and my nokias. and it only has a 2mp cam, that isnt quite the standard yet, but its getting close. i own a 3mp phone, and there are phones out with 5mp and 8mp cams, so there is def room for improvement

FM is not the standard on high end phones. Blackjack, Pearl, Treo 680/700/750, PPC, V3i etc do not have FM. I haven't seen a phone with FM on it in years. 2MP in AMERICA is pretty much high end right now. Unfortunately we do get shafted when it comes to getting the high end products here. Hell Cingular is barely going to start doing video calling during the summer. I've seen the phone's you've owned and the one's you posted for sale. They're sick ass phones, but they aren't available in America. Of course you can buy those phones on ebay and have them unlocked here for $20. But like you said, the average moron won't know how to do that.

Also, why would Apple include FM on the phone when they obviously want to push the whole ipod on a phone thing and encourage people to purchase itunes ;)

Sushi
01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Is this the same phone cisco is sueing apple for?

gtikid
01-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Is this the same phone cisco is sueing apple for?

More info please...link?

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
FM is not the standard on high end phones. Blackjack, Pearl, Treo 680/700/750, PPC, V3i etc do not have FM. I haven't seen a phone with FM on it in years. 2MP in AMERICA is pretty much high end right now. Unfortunately we do get shafted when it comes to getting the high end products here. Hell Cingular is barely going to start doing video calling during the summer. I've seen the phone's you've owned and the one's you posted for sale. They're sick ass phones, but they aren't available in America. Of course you can buy those phones on ebay and have them unlocked here for $20. But like you said, the average moron won't know how to do that.

Also, why would Apple include FM on the phone when they obviously want to push the whole ipod on a phone thing and encourage people to purchase itunes ;)
very true, lol. btw, pretty much all sony ericssons and nokias nowadays have fm radio. i see what youre sayin though, i guess to most americans, they see IPOD PHONE and say OMG WTFZOREZ!!! I GOTTA HAVE IT!! without caring about features and such.

gtikid
01-13-2007, 12:12 PM
very true, lol. btw, pretty much all sony ericssons and nokias nowadays have fm radio. i see what youre sayin though, i guess to most americans, they see IPOD PHONE and say OMG WTFZOREZ!!! I GOTTA HAVE IT!! without caring about features and such.

Man tell me about it. I'm at work right now and as I was reading your post I had a customer approach me and ask me about the the Iphone lol. I had about 3 more ask me about it yesterday and 3 more the day before!! Lol...but I do have to admit that when I saw that phone, I did say to myself that I had to have it :lmfao:

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Man tell me about it. I'm at work right now and as I was reading your post I had a customer approach me and ask me about the the Iphone lol. I had about 3 more ask me about it yesterday and 3 more the day before!! Lol...but I do have to admit that when I saw that phone, I did say to myself that I had to have it :lmfao:
hahahaha, i dunno man, for 500 bucks....hmmmm. i did pay like 450 for my sharp 903 though, so i MIGHT do it if i can figure out how to unlock it. i cant pay that much for a phone thats locked to cingular, simply because the fact i have tmobile and only my gf would be able to use it :lmfao:

gtikid
01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
hahahaha, i dunno man, for 500 bucks....hmmmm. i did pay like 450 for my sharp 903 though, so i MIGHT do it if i can figure out how to unlock it. i cant pay that much for a phone thats locked to cingular, simply because the fact i have tmobile and only my gf would be able to use it :lmfao:

:lmfao: And by use it you mean destroy it? :lmfao:

Man i'm pretty sure that phone will be able to be unlocked. Just like every other phone out there. Cellphone Clinic in Discover Mills should be able to do it, when the phone comes out. He's a really nice guy and is really reasonable when it comes to prices :goodjob:

HEATON
01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Glad I never bought a IPOOP.. haha.. Hopefully it will be down to a decent price by the time I get to the states and can use a decent cell phone..

TeeJay
01-14-2007, 04:37 PM
:lmfao: And by use it you mean destroy it? :lmfao:

Man i'm pretty sure that phone will be able to be unlocked. Just like every other phone out there. Cellphone Clinic in Discover Mills should be able to do it, when the phone comes out. He's a really nice guy and is really reasonable when it comes to prices :goodjob:
haha nah, actually my girl is almost as into cell phones as i am, so she takes care of em

good lookin on the discover mills guy, but i live in charlotte, and im the typa guy that hates paying ppl to do shit i could prolly do on my own. with that being said, if i cant figure it out ill make the drive down and holler at him

HEATON
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
GTKID.. If you are paying 100$ for a 2gb SD, sorry to say you are gettin ripped..

Check out Tiger Direct.. They got the 4g SD for only 60$ 15 for 1gb, and 25 for a 2gb..
Here's the link to the page where they sell them. > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=36&CMP=ILC-FPM12

Yeah I heard a lil rumor about Apple being sued. Jus google it, it's all over the net now.. Case in point > http://news.com.com/Cisco+sues+Apple+over+use+of+iPhone+trademark/2100-1047_3-6149285.html

EG6
01-15-2007, 12:43 AM
I know i'll be getting one, i'm already on the waiting list!

TeeJay
01-15-2007, 11:01 AM
congrats??

gtikid
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
GTKID.. If you are paying 100$ for a 2gb SD, sorry to say you are gettin ripped..

Check out Tiger Direct.. They got the 4g SD for only 60$ 15 for 1gb, and 25 for a 2gb..
Here's the link to the page where they sell them. > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=36&CMP=ILC-FPM12

Yeah I heard a lil rumor about Apple being sued. Jus google it, it's all over the net now.. Case in point > http://news.com.com/Cisco+sues+Apple+over+use+of+iPhone+trademark/2100-1047_3-6149285.html

:lmfao: Na I didn't say that's how much I get them for. I said that's how much they retail at stores for most of the time. That's how much we sell them at my Cingular store and that's how much the AVERAGE customer/person will pay for a car. I get mine at a whole lot lower price, even lower than what Tiger Direct has them for ;) :D .

BUT, those prices you posted are some DAMN good prices for SD cards. Thanks for the info :goodjob:

gtikid
01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I know i'll be getting one, i'm already on the waiting list!

Your on the waiting list? :lmfao:

Where? There is no waiting list. Go to a store on the day it releases and you'll get one...it's not like your pre-ordering a PS3 :lmfao:

ahmonrah
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Ill stick with my razr. Even though they are pointless.:werd: same here