PDA

View Full Version : Misc FUCK PS3 and XBOX 360

RandomGuy
06-14-2005, 12:09 AM
NINTENDO REVOLUTION WILL OWN ALL!! at least they have my vote

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/522/522559/igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023040785.jpg
the part that makes me all over this is:

ALL PREVIOUS SYSTEMS FROM NES TO N64 you can download games directly to your unit for free and play 'em ANY GAME>>.. HOW PIMP IS THAT!!

Goldeneye 64, blades of steel, mike tyson's punchout, street fighter 2 turbo, damn thats pimp

and the gameplay on all nintendo systems have been by far the best. Gamecube is by no means a kiddy console, most games have rock-solid gameplay

DemonEyez
06-14-2005, 09:44 AM
NINTENDO REVOLUTION WILL OWN ALL!! at least they have my vote

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/522/522559/igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023040785.jpg
the part that makes me all over this is:

ALL PREVIOUS SYSTEMS FROM NES TO N64 you can download games directly to your unit for free and play 'em ANY GAME>>.. HOW PIMP IS THAT!!

Goldeneye 64, blades of steel, mike tyson's punchout, street fighter 2 turbo, damn thats pimp

and the gameplay on all nintendo systems have been by far the best. Gamecube is by no means a kiddy console, most games have rock-solid gameplay

yep all thats correct. except for the fact that none of that information has been confirmed yet. Its all speculation so far. : ) they havnt finalized anything about the revolution.

B16a2 Civic
06-14-2005, 09:56 AM
i also planned to get this if it allows you to download all tah old school shit, excite bike bitches

Brett
06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah the console they brough to E3 wasnt even a working console, was just the case, thats how far off they are from getting shit done

uproot
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
sounds like a good idea.... i doubt the older games will be "free" though.

maybe you can download them through some sort of paid subscription

IanHavok
06-14-2005, 01:28 PM

If this is real I am sold.

Spyder
06-14-2005, 01:38 PM
If this is real I am sold.

x2 :)

green91
06-14-2005, 01:50 PM
all the did was download all the emulators and roms from limewire and throw them on the hard drive :)

thinkfast®
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
count me in.

god I love the internets. :)

4dmin
06-14-2005, 03:58 PM
if that is for real i'm sold x3... that would give the game market back to nintendo hands down... no console maker could top that.... they got fucking Paperboy, Zelda, Street Fighter, Mario, Castlevania, Contra, ........ god damn Friday the 13th bitches!!!

Spyder
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
all the did was download all the emulators and roms from limewire and throw them on the hard drive :)

i already have that, i want to pay 400 bucks for a machine that plays games i could buy at the flea market for 99 cents. duh. :)

4dmin
06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
all the did was download all the emulators and roms from limewire and throw them on the hard driveexcept for no emulator is as cool as a console... my boy ian on here has a MAME arcade machine, the real deal, and he/i both agree this is still way the fuck cooler

IanHavok
06-15-2005, 01:02 PM
except for no emulator is as cool as a console... my boy ian on here has a MAME arcade machine, the real deal, and he/i both agree this is still way the fuck cooler

:werd:

krindus
06-16-2005, 01:09 AM
they most likely will not be free.... hell, they just re-released games like zelda for the gameboy advanced for 20$, why would they "give out" games for free? nintendo will end up falling down the hole with this one. trust me. they will have 2... maybe 3 good games for this system, (I.e. smash brothers: melee, metroid prime, for gamecube.) the system will be worthless a year after it comes out. Nintendo needs to drop off the game system wagon and follow up sega to just making games. (most all of there games are for ages 10- anyways). just my 2 gold coins.

RandomGuy
06-16-2005, 01:52 AM
a friend told me this:
there is some rule or something dont remember exactly... but NES roms and shit and i think SNES roms are legal to own now. I think after a certain amount of years and shit its legal to own. And he also said nintendo was thinking 'if we cant beat 'em join 'em" ... shit either way the nintendo spokesperson PROMISED that EVERY game from all previous nintendo consoles (nes - n64)can be downloaded from the console at E3.(not sure bout free, but hrmm... i doubt theyll be more than 10 bux each ;) )

damn this is gonna be tight

4dmin
06-16-2005, 07:48 AM
^ i will toss my xbox out the window if this is true ;)

IanHavok
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
From Nintendo.com------------------------

New System Will Be Forward-Thinking, Yet Backward Compatible

http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/7ce8ea2d-6a58-41a8-ae7f-dda1dcfc9000.jpg (http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&currentNo=0&page=home) http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/eabda935-00b9-4be5-a1f4-e68f59102004.jpg (http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&currentNo=1&page=home) http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/3b1d6b0e-64f0-4672-bb26-e07de628b3b2.jpg (http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&currentNo=2&page=home) Click images to view larger (http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&currentNo=0&page=home)

Each generation of video game consoles builds on the past to set new standards for the future. As the company with the strongest heritage of innovation, Nintendo redefines expectations for all next-gen systems by employing a wide-ranging strategy to attract more kinds of gamers to more kinds of games. When Nintendo’s new console, code-named Revolution, arrives in 2006, everyone will discover the meaning of All-Access Gaming.

"We will show the world what a next-gen system can be. Revolution marries the strongest heritage of innovation to the future of gaming," says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. "With backward compatibility and the 'virtual console' concept, the stylish, compact body provides maximum gaming power. It will not only take home entertainment into another dimension by expanding the definition of video games, but it also will give you access to the great history of gaming."

Some of the system features that wowed the crowd at the Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles include:

The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it’s displayed vertically or horizontally.

Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution’s technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible.

The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world’s richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.

Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo’s newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.

Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game “masterpieces” as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea.

"Our next console proves small in size but big on ideas," says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales & marketing. "We’re throwing open the doors of gaming to wider audiences, from casual players to hard-core gamers who live for the thrill of defeating an endless army of wireless opponents."

Nintendo's All-Access Gaming philosophy covers the spectrum. The next console fits anywhere. It brings together new games and old. It gives people worldwide access through wireless Wi-Fi connections. And it opens the world of video games – to everyone. Software for the new console will even attract people who don’t consider themselves players. Adults, kids, men and women around the world will have access to the most popular video game characters, the best game franchises and the most engaging experiences yet developed – only with Nintendo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

i also read on some site that games wil def. not be free, unless it is a promotion where you buy "mario:revolution" and get 2 old NES games free.
(I made up mario:revolution so do think its real.)

5thgcelica
06-16-2005, 10:04 AM
yeaaah looks like ill be buying two systems next year....ps3...and a revolution

soul
06-16-2005, 10:05 AM
3 fo me

ISAtlanta300
06-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I don;t get it???

You will buy a kick azz new system.......

..... to play OLD games???? LOL

eViLMunkey
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Nope just getting the 360 here... and trade my game cube in for the revolution.... just to play the Old Skool!

Hulud
06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
gonna buy 360 and maybe ps3 i can skip the revolution cause i still own all the old school

Spyder
06-20-2005, 05:53 PM
I don;t get it???

You will buy a kick azz new system.......

..... to play OLD games???? LOL

basically, yes :)

Hulud
06-20-2005, 05:54 PM
why not dload them for free on your computer?

Spyder
06-20-2005, 05:56 PM
why not dload them for free on your computer?

i have them there. it just isnt the same...

Hulud
06-20-2005, 06:00 PM
yea thats true but it still wont be the same unless they come out witha retro controller

Snipeboomyurded
07-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Nintendo = Oldschool... lets keep it that way. I have xbox360 on pre-order and will have ps3 on pre-order the day I can.

man
07-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Wow, may actually buy this thing!

superbooost
07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Looks like I'll be real broke this year. time to get all 3!

Repost Squintz
07-04-2005, 06:55 PM
shit.... im gonna get the nintendo revolution and xbox360, damn maybe just the revolution cause i love the old school games. you think that they will have tetris and all those other games like that....

DonGori
08-10-2005, 09:08 PM
not a chance in hell the old games will be free. Thats the ONLY aspect of the nintendo that will get the public to get it. Cause we all know there are like what maybe 5 new Nintendo only games that are great

technoteg97
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Nintendo revolution is gunna suck horribly..and I feel sorry for all the people who reserved 360 n are going to buy it..shitty games and its just not worth the hassle and play station 3 will be better and bigger then ever..Look up the specs/info on tha PS3 is more powerful and everything else, then any other next generation systems comming out will be...o and the the reason why they gon release HALO 3 same day when ps3 comes available, cuz no one wants to buy that system till halo3 comes out ..hahaha that shit is lame, is that really gunna make ppl not buy PS3 n buy halo3 n 360 instead halo concept is getting lame and old its boring to me now it was a good game. but not any more. :2up:

oh and one more thing please dont take this seriously and no one here get offended by this im just expressing my thougts about this topic thanks =)

Negrodamus
08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
o and the the reason why they gon release HALO 3 same day when ps3 comes available, cuz no one wants to buy that system till halo3 comes out =)
HAHAHA...agreed people said that shit when the originall Xbox came out. "But its got halo" LOL and thats It. Well its got 3 games Splinter Cell, Halo and Forza and THATS IT.

nightracer
08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I like the FPS prototypes for the PS3 and XB360 but nintendo's backwards compatibility is exciting. Thats what a system should be, not single generation compatible and so proprietary that barely anyone makes SW for it. I am deffinitely interested and I could be sold.

technoteg97
08-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Im still waiting for the playstation 3..when 360 comes out ill jus go to the store n laugh at tha people buying it ..for what GAMES?..lol.

nightracer
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Im still waiting for the playstation 3..when 360 comes out ill jus go to the store n laugh at tha people buying it ..for what GAMES?..lol.
Why you gona laugh man so you can spend $500 on a PS3 and have no networking?

technoteg97
08-11-2005, 06:21 PM
..dude did you read any of the playstation 3 specs/info..at all? plus its gunna be more power then any of those 2 next generation systems. (nintendo rev. n xbox 360 )..o n PS3 is online.

nightracer
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
If its online theres no reason for me to fuck with an XBOX360. I can just save my doh.

dartingd
08-18-2005, 11:01 AM
i'm goin ps3 and nint. rev...i am planning on waiting in line to buy about three 360's tho to sell on ebay..those should fund my purchases of the other two systems...

Batman
08-22-2005, 09:10 AM
all i gotta say that nintendo hasnt made shit since super nintendo..all the games they ever had on n64 and game cube were shitty as hell..IMHO..

MachNU
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
LOL i love when people say that one system is better than the other becuase when it all comes down to it everyone is jsut judge-mental about there favorite system. When Xbox came out 1 year after PS2 the only thing everyone could say about it was that i dont want it because of the controller size and the game selection. Well now look at it this way the only thing for games the PS2 ever had going for it was the Final Fantasy series which was the ground work for Sony and there run....ah wait now that ground broke becuase Sqauresoft sold there rights to Microsoft.....well looks like sony doesnt have Final Fantasy anymore to hold people to them. Then there was Grand T. one of the best racing games going on UP until Forza was released, that competed with it. Now lets see the 360 gets released in 2 months 1 year before PS3. Now lets see when this happened between PS2 and Xbox everyone stayed with the PS2 for game selection. SO this will help 360 becasue they will have a huge jumpstart on Sony. Now lets look at other facts...everyone loves the PS2 for tis small size...well if thats the case the PS3 is going to be a let down for you becuase there are going to be putting 2 harddrivres in there system which i am pretty sure will not be a small system. It will look like the XBox....and in the fact that 360 will have 3 harddrives with will give a major boost for system and game performance. Also in the fact taht they are starting out with the all new Need for Speed: Most Wanted a Sony classic now up-graded, Morrowind Oblivin one of the great never ending games out there hands down, Halo 3 ( next year) even though i hated the game it was a best seller, Rockstar coming out with a new Midnight Club (best seller), and who could forget the Tom Clansey series which has 3 new games ocming. Now on to PS3 what games are they coming with at the starting price of $399............um............oh yeah not many finals have been realeased yet...but they will have Final Fantasy 12........wait no they wont Microsoft has that now for 360........um how about GT5.....maybe but 360 will have a jumpstart on that area most liekly with Forza 2 or something.

Now i am not saying which system is the best but before you go on bashing every system...most liekly the ones you dont like think about the pros and cons of each system. Think of the games that they will have and what perforance and size they are. Then make a decision once you have all the facts.....but hands down in 2 years microsoft is going to corner the market on the video game area for sure. But tha is jsut my 2 cents....

technoteg97
08-22-2005, 08:41 PM
..PS3..will own..

mocha latte cupcake
08-23-2005, 03:58 PM
yeah dude! if excite bike came back and was new looking i'd be addicted again.... and Golden eye is still the best multi player bond there is...

2rudelude
08-23-2005, 06:07 PM
I have yet to see a game or controller for this system but If its anything like Resident Evil 4 on Gamecubes graphics count me in

SE-Romeo
09-21-2005, 12:51 PM
They hae a supernintendo controller connection for the computer, i use it to play my games. I use my SNES controller from the old days.

Tank
09-22-2005, 07:31 AM
:goodjob: the rule is something like 10 years and im not too sold on nintendo just yet due to the fact its all speculation plus i have all the old school games from coleco vision on up on my xbox so there isnt a point for this im more into the xbox 360 already got mine reserved with 2 games

Schugg
10-01-2005, 05:51 PM
why buy that when u can play thme on here?

ChnkyLao
10-21-2005, 07:36 PM
damn i can download the emulators on the psp for free ive got supersmah brothers and doom for FREE

ChnkyLao
10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
the Ps3 is going to be $350 not $500 fucking dollars
they said in the playstion magazine

ChnkyLao
10-21-2005, 07:39 PM
:2up: :rant: :king: FUCK XBOX 360

MachNU
10-21-2005, 07:42 PM
You keep saying that in 2007 when the PS3 gets released

RandomGuy
11-02-2006, 11:36 PM
w00t w00t, first one to inform IA of nintendo WII (called nintendo revolution back then)

Jecht
11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Way to bump a year old thread!

I don't plan to buy any of the new systems. I've just grown bored with videogames lately, and I haven't actually played any in months.

benwaballs
11-03-2006, 10:33 PM
ill buy it if they have masterblaster for download. anyone remember the name of the game on nes were you could put monster truck tires on lambos and make your own tracks w/ big ass jumps? use to love that game

benwaballs
11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
the Ps3 is going to be $350 not $500 fucking dollars
they said in the playstion magazine

lol you wish