Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRO NON-VTEC BUILD : YUMMY

Default PRO NON-VTEC BUILD : YUMMY

I've got my built/sleeved non-V setup for sell guys. This motor was LOADS of fun on the base-tune with Crower 404s. It now has 405a's for the ultimate lope and kill factor. Just refreshed by Matt at MSSRACING (needs no introduction). Originally worked with Javier at JGE for the initial build. There are some vids of me pulling built b20vs somewhere around when it was in the wagovan. There are also some vids of me taking down juiced B seriess in Utah. All of that was on the 404s and no spray. There are some turbo take-downs w/ just the 80 shot wett I had... and some more turbo take downs on the 100 shot wet setup as well. Price depends on what you want - I COULD be interested in splitting the setup - but only the block/head - for example, NO you can't have the cams unless you want the head, etc.

If you don't make 180 MINIMUM with cam angle changes then that means you and your tuner are idiots. But I have a feeling with the new 405a's installed you're gonna be closer to 200whp if you know your stuff.

BOTTOM END:
    * 84mm Sleeved
    *Power hone with sunnen AN300 stones
    * Decked block surface
    * GSR m
    icropolished crank
    * ACL m
    ains
    * ACL rod bearings
    * thrust bearings/ OEM
    * new oil pump (ITR)
    * u
    ltra light connecting rods
    * comp ratio 11.6

HEAD (i like head)
    * P8R (JDM B20) Pro series cylinder head
    * full race port and polish
    * full race valve job
    * titanium retainers
    * dual valve springs
    * stainless steel valves (1mm over on exhaust side)
    * new valve seals
    * resurfaced

Charles @ MSPI doing the initial assembly after delivery from CA

:

:

:

If I don't get any serious offers - I'll put it in my EG, install the nitrous and take your lunch money. 9k rpm non-vtec shifts are sexy. Ask your mom - she likes it. BUY ME
    Last edited by BABY J; 01-25-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

So it never cracked 200hp?

Not on the 404s (set to 0.0) - and not on motor. Nitrous doesn't come with the sell. But if someone needs help setting up a "pro" nitrous setup with or w/out a nitrogen push I can get them going in the right direction and may have some hardware to throw their way.

This was a nitrous build from the beginning.

if you are going to mention nitrous, you might wanna add that the current rotating assembly as never been sprayed. lol
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Oh - BTW - we did a break in tune, and the 404s were at 0.0 - the 404s are/were NOT weak cams in this block - but rather than tune for cam angle changes, I opted to move to the 405s's --- they were unobtainable at the time the build came together (the REAL 405s, not the new ones).

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    if you are going to mention nitrous, you might wanna add that the current rotating assembly as never been sprayed. lol
    Right - this a 0 mile rebuild performed by the dork who posted above me. He "kinda" knows what he's doing. I think he's hit mid 12's in his hatch or something. 12.5 @95mph I think. LOL

The RMF Narrow doesn't come with the sell either. If you REALLY have your heart set on a real RMF Narrow - I have 2, 1 mint, and the other slightly modified - but it's gonna be hard for me to part with them unless I really decide that I'm done w/ Hondas or the B series for good - which isn't currently the case.

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    Oh - BTW - we did a break in tune, and the 404s were at 0.0 - the 404s are/were NOT weak cams in this block - but rather than tune for cam angle changes, I opted to move to the 405s's --- they were unobtainable at the time the build came together (the REAL 405s, not the new ones).

Right - this a 0 mile rebuild performed by the dork who posted above me. He "kinda" knows what he's doing. I think he's hit mid 12's in his hatch or something. 12.5 @95mph I think. LOL
    Stover building N/A motors... haha!

Why are their no prices? Or specific information on what parts are in it? Sleeved? What sleeves are they? Lightweight rods? What pistons? Etc.....

JG sleeve inserts, Custom Cp Pistons, Eagle Rods is all i know. I just refreshed all of the small parts.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

still got the wagon?
    According to Taketomi, true VIP style tuning is limited to only 10 Nissan and Toyota models: Nissan President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric and Fuga; Toyota Celsior, Century, Aristo, Crown and Majesta.

JG sleeve inserts, Custom Cp Pistons, Eagle Rods is all i know. I just refreshed all of the small parts.
    ok i appreciate it homie....

you gotta price range youre looking for?

Yeah I still got the wagon... sorry I missed the other posts... I don't get emails - RANDOMGUY better fix me. LOL. I've got 2k in the block - and $1700 in the head. I can show the invoices if anyone is interested. But I am also a motivated seller. Sleeved 2L that is just lower compression pistons away from being a turbo block - nothing rare there.

The head is another story - it's gonna be hard to setup a non-v p8r head like this (rare cams) with a pro port. In short - make me an offer - you might be suprised what I will take - just open the lines of communication - I don't post much on here - but the guys that's been around know me and know I'm easy to work with. The whole lot gets a better deal than me splitting it up - but it was def built to run together.

nobody gets damn response emails on here thats Mainly why my attendance here has dropped

BUY ME

give me a price for the manifold and header??
    WTB 16x7 Polished Slips

Certified Gearhead

Let start at 1400?

Bump for the homie!!

Straight nasty! Glws
    Trend settin'

Take $800 for the block? if not PM me.
    1994 Nissan Skyline BNR32- Currently being built for 1000+awhp (the works)

2003 Subaru Wrx (jdm sti ext.conv)- 6.0 LSx , T56, Fast 92 TB,IM,MS4 cam,+++

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++

and would I need just some 84mm cp pistons for a turbo setup and drop them in and run no problem? My b16 just blew I need a drop in replacement with least hassles.

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++

Yup - that's all you would need. I can't even imagine what this head would do on a turbo setup --- it's be some sick power. You'd want some turbo cams - unless you're just looking for the bottom end.

Quote Originally Posted by civic-h22 View Post
    Let start at 1400?
    PM me what you have in mind. I know you IA guys get rich at tax time. LOL

Bump for a nasty setup and super cool dude. I think i was getting tuned when Charles cranked up the first setup in the wagovan. Yea, i drove you to the gas station in my h23vtec hatch.

Buy with confidence IA.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

^^ I remem you - of course! What's new? Still in the game or taking a breather?

Yup - that's all you would need. I can't even imagine what this head would do on a turbo setup --- it's be some sick power. You'd want some turbo cams - unless you're just looking for the bottom end.
    I just need the bottem end right now to get my car back on the road and then I would go from there. I really need this block though to save me some time. Txt me at 762-218-0270 or call but I def. am ready to make the drive from Augusta to pick it up. Let me kno asap plz!

^^ I remem you - of course! What's new? Still in the game or taking a breather?

Always in the game. Just having a family and buying guns kills all my play money. Been doing the 4x4 thing for a minute. Had about 7 jeeps since i last spoke with ya.

Good to see you still hanging out. I have been keeping up with all of your RC plane stuff. Blows my damn mind!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Does someone have a # for the OP? I really neeed to get in touch

Bump I need these parts lol

How is hard to BUY a part?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Naber View Post
    How is hard to BUY a part?
    When you've been on IA for a while like I have, you notice what threads to stay away from. Some people think because of a certain "status" on here that the basic rules don't apply to them. I was seriously considering buying this head for a turbo setup in my DD civic sedan. Once I saw that the thread wasn't specific about what was in the motor and had ZERO prices I just went and bought a stock head and gonna do one myself.

But I'm sure he will respond to you soon...... just be patient.

you should have tried to buy the head. I just want it out of my garage LOL

you should have tried to buy the head. I just want it out of my garage LOL
    damn i didnt know you had it, lol.... damn i would've just hit you up on facebook..... oh well i guess

glws

Block is sold, head and cams chillin.

I don't think I have a specific status anywhere. But I will say that anyone who knows me knows that I don't sell junk. I've been doing this for 19 years... and if it's one thing I've learned to do is not to spoil it for the next guy - I RARELY sell anything locally bc I don't want to see it again when it's gone - personal preference.

I've also learned that IA is full of tire-kickers anyway. The serious guys on here sent me PMs - deals were worked out and the block is gone, and the buyer got the deal of the century - he wouldn't be able to put that setup together for the price anywhere on the planet. Contacting Matt will not get you anything but instructions to contact me. If posting that I'm a motivated seller doesn't get my inbox busy then neither will posting a price.

As stated - the head is still available - it is NOT some half-ass put together shit. In fact, it's prob the last head any B series guy would ever need to buy - no matter if he's turbo or NA. I didn't make the most power out there w/ this one - but I definitely made my power quick and made some VTEC cars look silly on motor - and made some turbo cars look silly on the spray.

Am I done with Hondas? I can't say that truthfully since I still own a few - LOL. But I am focusing on the Datto, MINI, B13 and my aerial video business for now.

BUMP for the goods.

Certified Gearhead

Bump for bj

^^ I don't think he's gonna do that
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    ^^ I don't think he's gonna do that
    I see what you did there. LOL

LOL

I really want that head bro contact me at 7708855218

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast