Thread: FS 1998-2002 Honda Accord 2.3L engine parts

I'm a ride whore

Default FS 1998-2002 Honda Accord 2.3L engine parts

All these parts came off of a perfect running 2000 Honda Accord SE 2.3L 4 cyl VTEC, automatic trans, engine code F23A1. All parts are clean and in perfect working condition. Only reason we replaced the engine in this car was because it had a freak issue where a tiny crack developed in the block between an oil gallery and a water jacket, pumping oil into the coolant. Other than that, motor ran absolutely perfect when we pulled it out. We did a compression test right before pulling it out and got a solid 185 psi even across all 4 cylinders. Only thing wrong with it was the block. Mileage was 161,000 miles.... this came out of my friends moms car which she has had since brand new, and always well maintained

Most (probably all) parts should interchange with all 1998-2002 Accords with the same engine. But it's always a good idea to check first to make sure

So... what I have:

Most prices are neg - make me a reasonable offer

Distributor - Honda uses two different types (TEC and Hitachi).... this is the HITACHI distributor. Comes with cap and plug wires, they're still good but kinda old - $100 OBO

Exhaust manifold - LEV emissions (ULEV engines use a different manifold) - $30

Exhaust manifold heat shield - $10

Lower block/crankshaft caps- $50 OBO

Valve cover - $20

VTEC cylinder head - perfect cond. never overheated, includes camshaft and sprocket - $175

Intake manifold (upper and lower) complete with 4 good injectors, fuel rail, and PCV valve. No throttle body, EACV or EGR valve - $100 OBO

EGR valve - $25

Crankshaft position sensors - $50 (these are $274 or $499 from Napa depending on brand)

Right side (rear) engine cover - $10

Oil pump, includes both balance shafts. Balance shaft drive gear assy isn't installed, but is included - $50

Misc accessory brackets - Make offer

Upper & lower timing belt covers (no rear cover). Lower cover has a rub mark where a drive belt was rubbing against it, has a tiny hole - $10

Crankshaft timing belt and balancer belt pulleys (have keyway too) - $10

Crankshaft pulley and bolt - $25

Oil pick-up - $10

Oil pan - no dents and no stripped threads on drain bolt - $25

Thermostat and housing, and water pipe - $15

Oil dipstick and dipstick tube - $5

Crankshaft complete with bearings, rods, and pistons. Since Honda uses color coded bearings for each individual rod journal, I put all pistons back onto crankshaft in the same location and orientation that they came off. Bearings still look very good. All in perfectly straight working order - $100

Throttle body, does not include MAP sensor - $30

That's all I got for now. Any questions please ask! I'll take reasonable offers
    -Jared

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 170,500 miles and counting
    Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 393,200 miles going strong

im interested in the head. i will be getting back to you in a few days when i see what my finances are looking like.

Realize this thread is old but I'm interested in a part. PM'd you.