Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *****fs: JDM ITR SWAP*****

Certified Gearhead

sell the tranny? pm a me price

Quote Originally Posted by 4evasmashin
    sell the tranny? pm a me price
    if you buy the swap you can have the trans!!!

ill bet you can get a itr swap brand new from acura for this price!
    Hella stock member!

TheMyth

Quote Originally Posted by silversol
    ill bet you can get a itr swap brand new from acura for this price!
    Are you interested? If so, whats your offer? If not, bye bye. And i highly doubt that you can buy this from acura for this price!

^^ look i know you are trying to help your buddy out but . but dont be a ****! he needs to rethink his price, why does it have a gsr head? what happened to the itr head a and the original trans? how can you prove its a itr short block when it only has b18c and a gsr head? how do we not know its a gsr with a itr trans?
    and there are more that a few on ebay for under 4500$ shipped and have not been rebuilt.

they have 4 in stock
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-B...spagenameZWDVW
    Hella stock member!

TheMyth

^^ look i know you are trying to help your buddy out but . but dont be a ****! he needs to rethink his price, why does it have a gsr head? what happened to the itr head a and the original trans? how can you prove its a itr short block when it only has b18c and a gsr head? how do we not know its a gsr with a itr trans?
    and there are more that a few on ebay for under 4500$ shipped and have not been rebuilt.

they have 4 in stock

The gsr head was put on to raise compression. To each their own. With the gsr head, it made more power(hp and torque thru-out the rpm range) than the ITR head. And the original itr head was sold, and the original trans was seperated when the motor was bought. As for saying it might be a gsr bootomend, NEGATIVE. Its a tru JDM ITR bottomend. And it does have the half moon after B18C. Maybe he can get a better pic of the engine code, for those in question. But i'm not being a ****! If you dont like the price, you dont have to post. You said you found some on ebay, i'm not stopping you from getting one.

they have 4 in stock
    Last edited by d16_turbo; 01-27-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    JJSPEC.COM

T T T
    JJSPEC.COM

u dont got a type r swap if u dont have type r parts... wtf.. is the block even a type r
    ? that gsr head is a big throw off, if u saying its a R swap. my boy works for a import engine shop and he has 2 type r swap. i can get them for 3800$ each. complete. but i got better things to do with 4g then to put that **** on a motor. for 7gs. i can get the K swap from rupertaker when he was selling it. with mounts and ****.

somebody should lock this. no luck 2 u.

not a bad catch if someone's a b-series N/A lover but for 7g's i'd buy a gsr swap and throw a hair dryer on it.

how low would you go?

TheMyth

Quote Originally Posted by DC2®
    u dont got a type r swap if u dont have type r parts... wtf.. is the block even a type r
    ? that gsr head is a big throw off, if u saying its a R swap. my boy works for a import engine shop and he has 2 type r swap. i can get them for 3800$ each. complete. but i got better things to do with 4g then to put that **** on a motor. for 7gs. i can get the K swap from rupertaker when he was selling it. with mounts and ****.

If you dont like the price, then why bother posting here? Lock this? If it was then you wouldnt have been able to post. All in all, i guess you dont have anything else better to do.... And if you read the thread, its OBO.

Certified Gearhead

all i got to say is WHOAA.....i bet you wouldnt sell it for $5k if someone was to offer that str8 dup would u...?

TheMyth

Quote Originally Posted by Uptown401
    all i got to say is WHOAA.....i bet you wouldnt sell it for $5k if someone was to offer that str8 dup would u...?

You putting in a offer?

OMG typical broke ass hoodlums on IA, its OBO people. Its to weed out all of the sh*t talkers and bring a real offer. You can't buy all of this stuff for the price he has it at, and even if you could its not gonna be a fresh engine that is dyno proven. Stop being crap talkers and take it elsewere. Better yet go get a real job and Buy that K Swap so you can stop saying, "I WOULD JUST BUY A K SWAP", so no one could say anything to you. But just coming in here and bashing the price over and over and over and over again is just idiotic. If he was concerned what you people thought of him or his price do you think he would have posted it? NO HE WOULDN'T HAVE. In fact it seems it doesn't give a crap at all what you say or think. So move along.

/rant
    drtyhatch

Quote Originally Posted by DC2®

if you would read then you would find out that it is a type r bottom end and tranny. The only reason for putting the gsr head on was to raise the compression. I really dont give a s.hit what your "boy" has. I have only seen maybe 3 people on here that even have a k swap, but the price is 7k OBO (that means Or Best Offer). btw DIAF
    JJSPEC.COM

BUMP
    JJSPEC.COM

- 97' JDM ITR bottomend w/ NEW PISTONS and RINGS, and new bearings - im guessing~$1200-2000ish invested here??
    -94' GSR head w/ flat face black nitrate Crower valves w/ Crower springs and retainers ~ $500-700 for a head and ~ $500 for valve train = at least $1000 in the head
    - 01' ITR cams - NEW $370 each from honda even used you pay $225-275
    - Skunk 2 intake mani w/ JDM ITR throttle body $250 for the manifold another $100-150 for the throttle body
    - ITR tranny (less than a 750 miles) brand new from acura....$1500-2000
    - DSS stage 2.9(BRAND NEW TOO!!!!! good for 475 hp) - 0 miles never used- $750
    - DC sport 4-1 header $150-200
    - ecu w/ Hondata s300 - ~$675 or more
    - RC engineering 370 cc's (NEW) $300
    - ACT 12 lbs flywheel ~$250
    - Exedy street clutch - $100-150
    - All motor mounts and inserts $50
    - GReddy oil catch can w/ hoses $80-100
    - New GSR dizzy, cap, rotor button, and wires $150
    - ARP headstuds $100
    - b20 ac bracket ( for ppl that is putting this in a eg ) $75

by my math (this is just off the top of my head here..no exact prices) this looks like a value of about $6955-$9140...and i didnt add up all the stuff. not to mention the tuning costs, shipping costs, gaskets, waiting, labor (for all you out there that have no idea how to bolt stuff together) ect ect ect.

what alot of you ppl are forgetting is that this is not your typical rice boy set up with a sweet aem cold air intake and ebay muffler. these are big boy parts. you gotta pay to play and all you cheap ppl out there complaining about how you can buy a k swap for that price, i say go buy one and put it in your car. since you got all the money and knowlege then you know whats best. mr. berta has never accomplished anything with imports....he just tossed a bunch of crap together and is trying to rip ppl off in reality while most of you were still trying to get your first peice of ass he was building cars that you still dream about.....which shows by the way you guys are acting in this thread. so go back to your ebay coilovers and your aem intakes and leave the big boys alone. we have power to make and good times to run with quality parts like the ones for sale in this thread.

92-240sx

nice setup man bump

TheMyth

!!

Clowns are texing me

bump!

Rice Rice Vtec

u aint gonna get 7000 for the damn thing here...........must be smoking some good shiet man
    95 Civic EX-Traded
    93 Civic CX -Sold
    93 Nissan Altim-Sold
    95 Civic CX- RIGHT NOW!

TheMyth

Quote Originally Posted by turboSOHC
    u aint gonna get 7000 for the damn thing here...........must be smoking some good shiet man

its OBO. Put your shiet out and read......

i guess they dont know how to read berta
    JJSPEC.COM

the real problem is everyone thinks you can build race cars on a budget. **** aint cheap! if you know what it takes then you know this swap is worth alot more than your average ricer swap. **** the haters let them enjoy running 15's for the rest of their lives. this all motor set-up runs low 13's....you dont do that for $2500 and alot of these guys need to learn that

IA Member

Im not tring to hate on you cuz... but damn ... thats weak... and for 7 g's ... dude ... i can buy a freakin built turbo civic for that ... sorry not many ppl round these parts gonna pay 7gs for a almotor set up unless its some serious powa... and the number one rule with a honda is you never get out of it what you have in it ... drop to 3-4 and ya might get some offers... nice set up though...

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing
    the real problem is everyone thinks you can build race cars on a budget. **** aint cheap! if you know what it takes then you know this swap is worth alot more than your average ricer swap. **** the haters let them enjoy running 15's for the rest of their lives. this all motor set-up runs low 13's....you dont do that for $2500 and alot of these guys need to learn that
    who said that u have to build a race car to run ITR swaps ??? but g/l with the sale .. ill enjoy my ricer swap ..... peace

93 sol Si
    95 sol S
    95 sol Si

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing
    if you know what it takes then you know this swap is worth alot more than your average ricer swap. this all motor set-up runs low 13's....you dont do that for $2500 and alot of these guys need to learn that
    VVVVVVVVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by buhlandy
    Im not tring to hate on you cuz... but damn ... thats weak... and for 7 g's ... dude ... i can buy a freakin built turbo civic for that ... sorry not many ppl round these parts gonna pay 7gs for a almotor set up unless its some serious powa... and the number one rule with a honda is you never get out of it what you have in it ... drop to 3-4 and ya might get some offers... nice set up though...

you are one of these guys i am referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SOL2NV
    who said that u have to build a race car to run ITR swaps ??? but g/l with the sale .. ill enjoy my ricer swap ..... peace
    reading comprehension > you..i never said race cars have to have itr swaps. im saying that ppl think you build this **** for cheap and you cant.....look up the prices on that **** he is selling. its not cheap stuff. its not a stock itr swap. you sir may also fall into the same category as the guy i just replied to.

Rice Rice Vtec

OBO dont mattter man........whos gonna buy this for the price u asking????
    ummmmmmmmmmmm no one yet, unless there desperate........but then GL on the sale tho man

Quote Originally Posted by Berta
    its OBO. Put your shiet out and read......

still havent decided to part it out yet huh?
    now with LSD
    got an ef? www.eastcoastefcivics.com

How much is this thing?Really, because anything over $4500-$5000 is unreasonable

Quote Originally Posted by tippatone
    How much is this thing?Really, because anything over $4500-$5000 is unreasonable
    THIS ISNT A STOCK 15 SECOND ITR MOTOR. IT RUNS LOW 13'S. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A LOW 13 SECOND ITR SWAP FOR $4500
    JJSPEC.COM

Senior Member | IA Veteran

x2.....NO one Is understanding, how much it would cost to make this set up....this is not a stock ITR motor ppl.....cmon Use common sense,,,,if you got any.......this is a Beast of a motor,Bump for you James!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by d16_turbo
    THIS ISNT A STOCK 15 SECOND ITR MOTOR. IT RUNS LOW 13'S. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A LOW 13 SECOND ITR SWAP FOR $4500

TheMyth

Quote Originally Posted by JDMJAYDC2
    still havent decided to part it out yet huh?

Might be getting close to that ^^. Still HAVEN'T seen any offers! Just alot of hateing still .

hmm if you decide to part out.. i got dibbs on tranny & complete block.. no need for head..

Please man, a lightly modded RSX-Type S will do just as good in a 1/4 mile for 1500 less so, if I was you go ebay it, you still wont get $7000

^^^^ then you should go buy a rsx
    JJSPEC.COM

broke people never understand. If you people can buy so much stuff for the same price or better, then by all means go buy it instead of talking about buying it. Quit the bitching and move along. Don't like the price, don't post. G zus people the price and set up isn't for everybody, why must all of you broke freaking part time job working people hate on everything. IA never seems to amaze me at the lowball sh*t talking.

I guess my biggest arguement is.... IF YOU CAN BUY WHAT HE HAS AT A BETTER PRICE AND YOU REALLY ARE INTERESTED, THEN GO BUY IT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE. BUT THE REALITY IS, THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY IT, EVEN AT $4000, SO IN THEORY YOU REALLY HAVE NO REASON TO POST IN THIS THREAD. MOVE ALONG AND WHORE UP SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD.

/RANT!!!
    drtyhatch

I dont see what's so special about this motor. Plus, it's not a true type r if it was a gsr head. Also, you didn't go into details about the bottom end. Is it forged? Overbored? Sleeved? Who built the motor? Why are you selling? Details like that may help you sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23
    I dont see what's so special about this motor. Plus, it's not a true type r if it was a gsr head. Also, you didn't go into details about the bottom end. Is it forged? Overbored? Sleeved? Who built the motor? Why are you selling? Details like that may help you sell it.
    this is a legitimate post. thank you!
    drtyhatch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast