Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bone stock R35 GTR times...

Certified Gearhead

LOL at the GTR haters wanting mugen civics and boxters.

GTR > Z06 ...my reason. You see C6s all day, every day. The GTR snaps necks driving around town! Also, I own a C5 so know the reliability issues with Chevy. It's a pain having to take the vette in every few months to fix annoying little problems.

R35 GTR: Best r/t .000, Best 60' 1.69, Best ET 10.92, Best mph 129.9

Quote Originally Posted by GSRcaucAZN78

GTR > Z06 ...my reason. You see C6s all day, every day. The GTR snaps necks driving around town! Also, I own a C5 so know the reliability issues with Chevy. It's a pain having to take the vette in every few months to fix annoying little problems.

my chevy doesnt give me any problems

I have seen more GTR's than I have Z06's around town and I pay attention for the Z06's (cuz I am a Z06 dick rider). My STI snaps necks all over town, but I still think it's lame as hell Maybe it's just cuz I'm driving it :boobies:
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

I should state again that my Z06 is near, very near....buwahahahahahahahahahaha! Dan is looking for a GTR that has been in an accident or sumpin' for himself, so maybe we will have the BG BATL of the Supercars!!!!!!
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Certified Gearhead

bring your zo6 to IFO. My GTR will be there. did you all get the fliers?
    www.ImportFaceOFf.net

bring your zo6 to IFO. My GTR will be there. did you all get the fliers?
    www.ImportFaceOFf.net
    I don't have it yet. Looking for the right price still....but if I get it before then, we might show up.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

whoa spoken from a vette and a gtr owner...interesting....

but yes gt-r's def are much more rare here then vettes which is also a positive

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    I have seen more GTR's than I have Z06's around town and I pay attention for the Z06's (cuz I am a Z06 dick rider). My STI snaps necks all over town, but I still think it's lame as hell Maybe it's just cuz I'm driving it :boobies:
    GT-r's more prevelant than z06's? That's a lie and you know it, you're trying to argue with no point...but just to argue. And your sti doesn't snap anyone elses neck than an 8 yr old boy at the mall who sees it drives by and think it reminds him of his matchbox car.

So you're saying your brand new GTR gets more looks then your C5. Good fuking point. O wait, it's not. And what the fuck is wrong with my Boxster choice? Honestly, I'd rather have a Cayenne too. What's wrong with a 300 hp, mid engine, RIGHT wheel drive, MANUAL, Porsche? And you're wanting to compare the two in reliability? How long have you had each of them?

Certified Gearhead

Where did I say the C5 gets more looks than the GTR?

The GTR does get more looks than a Zo6 any day.

Nothing wrong with wanting a Boxster, but over a GTR? Again, LOL.

Where did I say the C5 gets more looks than the GTR?

The GTR does get more looks than a Zo6 any day.

Nothing wrong with wanting a Boxster, but over a GTR? Again, LOL.
    Ok, you're clearly having a hard time to comphrehend. I'm saying the GTR WILL get more looks, no shit. Esp. if you are talking about your C5. The reasons I underlined are the reasons I would take it over the GTR. And yes, I would take it over the heavy, fake manual front engine Nissan GTR

I don't quite get why everyone says that time is fast "for a stock car". That's fast for ANY street car, modded or otherwise....

Certified Gearhead

11.3 is fast, but it's no boxster, lol.

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
    where are all the R35 haters at?

great time for a bone stock car, from the factory it needs a 4 point LOL
    right here, screw skylines, cant deny a nice time but i still dont like em.

Quote Originally Posted by 81911SC
    Ok, you're clearly having a hard time to comphrehend. I'm saying the GTR WILL get more looks, no shit. Esp. if you are talking about your C5. The reasons I underlined are the reasons I would take it over the GTR. And yes, I would take it over the heavy, fake manual front engine Nissan GTR
    So why is it that the boxster you love so much is out performed by a HEAVY, FAKE MANUAL, FRONT ENGINE, NISSAN GT-R...

You said it, not me. Apparently you have a hard time comprehending...

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru
    I don't quite get why everyone says that time is fast "for a stock car". That's fast for ANY street car, modded or otherwise....
    exactly, 11 sec car is fast period.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    So why is it that the boxster you love so much is out performed by a HEAVY, FAKE MANUAL, FRONT ENGINE, NISSAN GT-R...

You said it, not me. Apparently you have a hard time comprehending...
    Now I know you're stupid, (as it's evident in your posts) so I'll try to explain. I like the Boxster because it's all about the drive. Not the times, to me anyway. Heavy is not fun, I like to shift, and I prefer the engine behind me. If I wrote it in crayon and sent you a letter, would that help you understand?

Certified Gearhead

I don't understand why some people are so passionate on hating the GTR. Claiming to want a Boxster over a GTR is the first I've heard though, lol.

You mean... "heavy" yet corners faster, "fake manual" that shifts more consistant/faster than any human ever could, "front engine" yet perfectly balanced (52/48).

It's not just an 11 second car, but CONSISTENT MID 11 second car that does 0 to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds. My 11.34 second pass actually = a 2.88 second 0 to 60 mph time.

I don't understand why some people are so passionate on hating the GTR. Claiming to want a Boxster over a GTR is the first I've heard though, lol.

You mean... "heavy" yet corners faster, "fake manual" that shifts more consistant/faster than any human ever could, "front engine" yet perfectly balanced (52/48).

It's not just an 11 second car, but CONSISTENT MID 11 second car that does 0 to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds. My 11.34 second pass actually = a 2.88 second 0 to 60 mph time.
    Where do you see pasion in my posts? I mean heavy, because it is. I'm glad you can shift fast in that car, however to ME, (as I stated previously ) there is no fun in that. And balance has nothing to do with feel. Look at 911's tell me they can't handle before you look at the balance. Also, congrats on your 1/4 time. You got all the ricers beat. I'm sure you're happy.

People hate on the GTR cause of the hype and because its cool to hate the car everyone sorta loves etc.

Ive never driven one, but i personally like the styling, i think its a cool looking car. I have only seen 1 on the roads and i drive ALOT. Well i saw one on the road driving, i saw another one on a tow truck (no it wasnt broken it was getting delivered to someone that bought it LOL)

The vette is incredible, ive been looking at base model C6s, great cars. But come on, lets not kid ourselves here, while the Vette may be much more of a "drivers car" it is not on the same level as the Skyline. I mean we NEVER got the skyline, this is the first one, so its kind of that rare, once in a lifetime you get to have a chance at owning or buying one aura around it. The vette is , IMO, vastly superior and more available to buy, but thats because the vette is good at being a "supercar" in mass production form.

IMO both cars are in 2 different classes. One is a brute force , not crazy aesthetics (lets be honest the body lines havent changed in 20 years) readily available to buy on any lot in america.

The other is a Japenese styled, 10 years in the making, 40 years in the making coming to the USA, computer and technologically advanced , twin turbo, small liter, AWD supercar.

Its like comparing an Camaro SS to an NSX. Its like a ZR1 to a 911.

Its all preference, and barely anyone on this board can afford either car, let alone has driven them. So i would keep the bashing comments only to the people that can REALLY comment on the cars and their positives and negatives
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

and the Z06 is the only car even remotely close to the GTR performance wise. Any other car for 75K just isnt there.

What other sports cars are there for that kinda chunk of change? ISF LOL

Personally id rather own a Maserati Gran Turismo or whatever, that car is HOT

but its 110K
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    and the Z06 is the only car even remotely close to the GTR performance wise. Any other car for 75K just isnt there.

but its 110K

dont for get bout the Audi R8,its right at 100k too.....

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81911SC
    Where do you see pasion in my posts? I mean heavy, because it is. I'm glad you can shift fast in that car, however to ME, (as I stated previously ) there is no fun in that. And balance has nothing to do with feel. Look at 911's tell me they can't handle before you look at the balance. Also, congrats on your 1/4 time. You got all the ricers beat. I'm sure you're happy.
    You have no business arguing in this thread. You shouldn't even be in a thread regarding the GTR. I don't know of anybody that has debated on getting a 911 variant vs. another car. It's either you want it or you don't, if you are interested in a Porsche then most likely there is NO other option. Porsche enthusiasts are completely 100% in a league of their own.

I'd love for Cleve to chime in, he's owned a 650hp GT2 and SEVERAL GT-R's, and heard he was or is building a built 930 and looking at getting a ZR-1 as well. I'd love to hear his opinion.

Where are you going to drive it when a few hundred lbs. is going to matter? Unless you're on a road course where 1/10ths matter then DRIVING is DRIVING, the handling and power doesn't matter. I can have fun in a shopping cart going 20mph across a parking lot, big deal lol!

My Z32 300zx was heavy and my Type-R powered GS-R with Porsche brakes was more nimble, quicker, and stopped better....but what do you think was more enjoyable to drive? Overall I'd take the Z, just needed 100+ more hp! I gave PLENTY of Porsche's and other 300-400+hp cars runs for their money on mountain runs, both in the Z32 and DC2.

For the price of a new GTR (good luck getting one for $75k) you can get a slightly used 996 GT2 with 7k miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Personally if I were to spend $75-100k on a Porsche it would be a 964 or 993 with a 996 TT swap....built.

Regarding the transmission, I hate not having a typical H or dogleg gearbox BUT if you drove a high end competitive track/race car built to todays standards what do you think it would have in it? A sequential gear box.
    Last edited by speedminded; 03-03-2009 at 01:29 PM.

GSRcaucAZN78, you don't have PM's or e-mail turned on.

If you're interested, drop me a line regarding photographing your GT-R...I have some equipment I'd like to test out. It would be me and someone else who has shot 8 GT-R's but never a red one! [email protected]

Some of my old work http://paragondigitalart.blogspot.com/ & more in the sig.

Certified Gearhead

I'm the owner of www.ImportFaceOff.net - contact us for media passes if you plan on attending March 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    GT-r's more prevelant than z06's? That's a lie and you know it, you're trying to argue with no point...but just to argue. And your sti doesn't snap anyone elses neck than an 8 yr old boy at the mall who sees it drives by and think it reminds him of his matchbox car.
    Look. I don't know who you think you are, but you need to stop typing to me like that. If you want to take it there we can. Otherwise, we can carry on a nice conversation with different outlooks...which is the way I would prefer it, but trust that I can get just as crunk as you

NOW, I'm not arguing, I am STATING my opinions and experiences. I have no reason to lie to some jerkface with a complex from the internet. I could understand if you were tying to correct me on specs of the cars,etc.... but my experiences and opinions...come on, dude. You're the one arguing just to argue. When I am wrong, I say I am wrong...just like with the car pricing.

Who are you to tell me how many necks my STI snaps? I, in fact, hate my STI and it boggles my mind how many people EVERY DAY stop me to ask me what kind of car it is (I haven't been to the mall in at least a year ). I think it's gay as fuck and ricey as shit. I hate the wing and the big ass scoop. To me it's a big ole black turd that I got stuck with because a customer didn't pay his bill. The only almost cool thing in the rims. Either way, the general public is pretty ignorant when it comes to a wing and a scoop, thus the neck snapping capabilities.

Next, Who are you to tell me how many Z06's or GTR's I have seen and do you honestly think I care enough to lie about it? I never said they were more prevalent, I just said that I PERSONALLY have SEEN more of them and to the point, I pay attention because I love the Z06 (and this could very well be because of the industry I am in.....cars). I mean there were like 6 GTR's at a photo shoot in Atlanta just like 2 weeks ago. I guess, maybe I saw more of Z06 at Petit Lemanz in the Corvette corral, so you are right in that respect.

Either way, it's fast, like I already said. AND like I already also said, I think I just am mad at Nissan right now for their antics with the whole tranny deal. I also said I wasn't hatin'.
    Last edited by Tracy; 03-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

My question is what does the rarity of a care have to do with how it performs? GTR is a great car and I have driven one but I would still rather have a z06 and esp. a zr1. I will admit the GTR is better car than the z06 in performance (looks are personal opinion). The GTR however deletes the driver from the equation unless you are a complete idoit (Which I hate).

Don like 2 prof reed

but its 110K
    Our family friend has one that i've driven many times alone. The car is fun, classy and exotic but it just isn't fast and lacks the some feel and quality that cars that are $120-150,000 have. With that kind of money I would never get near one when I could have a V8 Vantage, which the current owner of the GranTurismo S had and sold because of a check engine light that kept coming on. It had so much more soul and noise and was so much prettier. It was a rare night driving the Aston and not having woman and men complement how beautiful it was/sounded everywhere you went, Bones or Mcdonalds...the Maserati gets less attention then my mothers S5.
    Alpha-N /// Youtube - NASA - PCA - BMW CCA - Chin

i met a guy tha had one not too long ago, it had TUBI (I think thats the name ) exhaust and it sounded soooooo gooood
    -www.usedbarcode.net

i met a guy tha had one not too long ago, it had TUBI (I think thats the name ) exhaust and it sounded soooooo gooood
    Damn straight! They're all Ferrari's in sheeps clothing.

Look. I don't know who you think you are, but you need to stop typing to me like that. If you want to take it there we can. Otherwise, we can carry on a nice conversation with different outlooks...which is the way I would prefer it, but trust that I can get just as crunk as you

NOW, I'm not arguing, I am STATING my opinions and experiences. I have no reason to lie to some jerkface with a complex from the internet. I could understand if you were tying to correct me on specs of the cars,etc.... but my experiences and opinions...come on, dude. You're the one arguing just to argue. When I am wrong, I say I am wrong...just like with the car pricing.

Who are you to tell me how many necks my STI snaps? I, in fact, hate my STI and it boggles my mind how many people EVERY DAY stop me to ask me what kind of car it is (I haven't been to the mall in at least a year ). I think it's gay as fuck and ricey as shit. I hate the wing and the big ass scoop. To me it's a big ole black turd that I got stuck with because a customer didn't pay his bill. The only almost cool thing in the rims. Either way, the general public is pretty ignorant when it comes to a wing and a scoop, thus the neck snapping capabilities.

Next, Who are you to tell me how many Z06's or GTR's I have seen and do you honestly think I care enough to lie about it? I never said they were more prevalent, I just said that I PERSONALLY have SEEN more of them and to the point, I pay attention because I love the Z06 (and this could very well be because of the industry I am in.....cars). I mean there were like 6 GTR's at a photo shoot in Atlanta just like 2 weeks ago. I guess, maybe I saw more of Z06 at Petit Lemanz in the Corvette corral, so you are right in that respect.

Either way, it's fast, like I already said. AND like I already also said, I think I just am mad at Nissan right now for their antics with the whole tranny deal. I also said I wasn't hatin'.

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    You have no business arguing in this thread. You shouldn't even be in a thread regarding the GTR. I don't know of anybody that has debated on getting a 911 variant vs. another car. It's either you want it or you don't, if you are interested in a Porsche then most likely there is NO other option. Porsche enthusiasts are completely 100% in a league of their own.

I'd love for Cleve to chime in, he's owned a 650hp GT2 and SEVERAL GT-R's, and heard he was or is building a built 930 and looking at getting a ZR-1 as well. I'd love to hear his opinion.

Where are you going to drive it when a few hundred lbs. is going to matter? Unless you're on a road course where 1/10ths matter then DRIVING is DRIVING, the handling and power doesn't matter. I can have fun in a shopping cart going 20mph across a parking lot, big deal lol!

My Z32 300zx was heavy and my Type-R powered GS-R with Porsche brakes was more nimble, quicker, and stopped better....but what do you think was more enjoyable to drive? Overall I'd take the Z, just needed 100+ more hp! I gave PLENTY of Porsche's and other 300-400+hp cars runs for their money on mountain runs, both in the Z32 and DC2.

For the price of a new GTR (good luck getting one for $75k) you can get a slightly used 996 GT2 with 7k miles.

Personally if I were to spend $75-100k on a Porsche it would be a 964 or 993 with a 996 TT swap....built.

Regarding the transmission, I hate not having a typical H or dogleg gearbox BUT if you drove a high end competitive track/race car built to todays standards what do you think it would have in it? A sequential gear box.
    I would rather get a gt2 with 7k miles than a gt-r. GT-R are sexy but the gt2 is on a whole diff level of sexiness!!!!!:idb:

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded

You're right. To me there is no other option. I didn't even compare used cars, I just picked new cars off the lot (in Chadbee's post). Now, if that was the case, I would backdate a 964 to a 73RS or have a 993TT, or a 930 built of course. But, I wouldn't mind that Widow Maker either. I was talking about tracking, where the weight would matter. I like to throw cars around, not drive fast boats. (comparison, not saying the GTR is one) I understand that the trannys are quicker (no shit) but I like to shift. I'm not good enough on the track to even notice a difference in time, but in fun I can.

I've seen about 3 GTR's in a week. I live near a dealership though. lol

Certified Gearhead

got the new Cobb Accessport today... just plug in and BAM 65 hp!

New best time = 11.26 @ 124 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMBrian
    Yea right there is a red one that is sponsored by IFO that runs and does not have a cage. I ran against him and lost the semi-final round...
    lol report him!! Commerce is a NHRA track ... rules are rules...

Certified Gearhead

Wink

got the new Cobb Accessport today... just plug in and BAM 65 hp!

New best time = 11.26 @ 124 mph.

???????????? No GTR haters chiming in????

i've never been the r35's biggest fan, but GODDAMN at that 60'! thats impressive

Certified Gearhead

Since you hate that STi so much I'll take it as long as it's not an '04
    doin a burnout

Certified Gearhead

new best time in sig. Mods = Cobb Accessport and midpipe ONLY.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast